• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New cover recreation

34 posts in this topic

IMG_20120415_023249.jpg

Almost done with the inking on this one. Still gotta do the hair on the mans arms, the tiles on the floor, and i havnt decided if i should do the shading on the girls face with ink or with color (thats the reason for the dotted lines on her face). Im afraid if i do it with ink, itll be too harsh looking and ruin the picture. What do you guys think?

Wow, excelsior, you've outdone yourself this time. That is my all time favorite cover, and my favorite book in my collection, and your rendition is spot on. Can't find even the smallest fault in the perspective, drapery or text. Awesome! (worship)

Fantastic job!

If you're going for authenticity, then do the line work inking on the face. But I personally never liked the inking on the face - it was the one thing that didn't work for me on that cover. So if you're looking to make me happy, then either do an ink wash or use colour for the shading on the face. lol

Thank you everyone for the comments and suggestions. I can always count on you guys to make me feel good about my work.

I still dont know what to do with the face. Ill update you guys with color in a day or two.

Also, this one will be for sale soon along with my tec 31 i just did. If youre wanting me to do another cover, PM me and well work out a deal.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments.

This will go up for sale along with the recreation of TEC 31 I did a couple weeks back probably tomorrow afternoon/early evening in the gold/silver/bronze forum. Stop on by and pick one up and help out a starving artist. (thumbs u

Hey everyone, instead of starting a new thread every time i wanna show one of these off, im just gonna keep them all contained in one thread. Every time you see this thread pop up, there wwill probably be a new cover, so come on in and check them out. Thanks again everyone.

My newest one. Tales of suspense 39

IMG_0853.jpg

Hey everyone, instead of starting a new thread every time i wanna show one of these off, im just gonna keep them all contained in one thread. Every time you see this thread pop up, there wwill probably be a new cover, so come on in and check them out. Thanks again everyone.

My newest one. Tales of suspense 39

IMG_0853.jpg

(worship)