• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed - 1961-1965 Marvels CGC 8.0+ and 1966-1975 keys in CGC 9.2+ - Closed

118 posts in this topic

TOS 48 - $375

TOS48CGC8OW-W.jpg

:takeit:

Steve buying silver!? :o

Shocking, isn't it Ben? Have no fear, I bought an Adventure 40 this past weekend. :headbang:

Actually the SA is just a little diversion and diversification - being the picky SOB that I am, some of these books were just too good to pass up.

TOS 48 - $375

TOS48CGC8OW-W.jpg

Shocking, isn't it Ben? Have no fear, I bought an Adventure 40 this past weekend. :headbang:

Actually the SA is just a little diversion and diversification - being the picky SOB that I am, some of these books were just too good to pass up.

Did you get that AD40 from Bedrock? Yah, never thought you'd ever step foot in a 60s comic!

TOS 48 - $375

TOS48CGC8OW-W.jpg

Did you get that AD40 from Bedrock? Yah, never thought you'd ever step foot in a 60s comic!

$375 for the first Iconic IronMan suit is a steal.

TOS 48 - $375

TOS48CGC8OW-W.jpg

$375 for the first Iconic IronMan suit is a steal.

I thought so, too. :acclaim:

I went through every single scan on David's photobucket site, and there are a plethora of truly amazing books that still remain (I bought other books as well). None of the uber-soft CGC grading that we've seen of late. Indeed, I thought quite a few items (like the TOS 48) appeared better than grade, though it's hard to be sure via just a scan of course. Still, the presentability of the books - and page quality in general - is just awesome.

The above is not a sales pitch - I've had no interaction with David prior to these postings - but I think he deserves kudos for one of the best collections and best sales threads we've seen so far this year.

applausewe5.gif

I went through every single scan on David's photobucket site, and there are a plethora of truly amazing books that still remain (I bought other books as well). None of the uber-soft CGC grading that we've seen of late. Indeed, I thought quite a few items (like the TOS 48) appeared better than grade, though it's hard to be sure via just a scan of course. Still, the presentability of the books - and page quality in general - is just awesome.

The above is not a sales pitch - I've had no interaction with David prior to these postings - but I think he deserves kudos for one of the best collections and best sales threads we've seen so far this year.

Thanks for the nice words. Now everyone buy some more books. :baiting: I still have 342 slabs left.

I've only sold 134 slabs. While this sounds like a lot to me to my wife it sounds like I have only sold a little more than a quarter of the slabs I promised to sell to free up space before starting my next project and I really want to start my next project.

I am quite surprised that some of my books remain. Especially most of the keys between 1966 and 1975.

Trust me, if I had the money it would be gone.

However, I'm sure that's everyone's lament when they pass on a book, eh?

:D

Peace,

Chip

Depends - i've stopped lamenting about the GS Xmen 1 9.8 I almost bought for $12K a year ago lol

TOS 47 - $450

TOS47CGC85OW-W.jpg

What is this book still doing here ?

If I hadn't already have a raw NM- copy of this one, I would be all over it

In my opinion, Dave's prices have been particularly fair on everything.....but the TOS 47 does seem to be a particular "can't miss" oppurtunity. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks for the nice words. Now everyone buy some more books. :baiting: I still have 342 slabs left.

I've only sold 134 slabs. While this sounds like a lot to me to my wife it sounds like I have only sold a little more than a quarter of the slabs I promised to sell to free up space before starting my next project and I really want to start my next project.

I am quite surprised that some of my books remain. Especially most of the keys between 1966 and 1975.

....the FF 28 I just got from you looks like an easy 9.0.....don't know how it ended up in an 8.0 slab...but I'm not complaining. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

TOS 47 - $450

TOS47CGC85OW-W.jpg

What is this book still doing here ?

If I hadn't already have a raw NM- copy of this one, I would be all over it

I concur. What an amazing book (worship) I own a 2.5 copy so I must pass :roflmao:

Yes I am surprised that so many of the TOS and Strange Tales books are still around. I thought they would go quick. No love for Iron man or Antman :shrug:

No love for Iron man or Antman :shrug:

I'm no SA expert, but thought most issues of Iron Man were doing OK (I bought a pretty nice mid-grade TOS 40 with great pages at a local shop today).

Antman is cool, but fading from the public memory (probably a movie planned after they film Mighty Dog meets the Three Stooges or something), and I wish the prices would come down on the books.

Still, TTA remains perhaps my favorite Marvel run from start to finish (I'm new in the SA pond, so please forgive me for such a foolish statement).

No love for Iron man or Antman :shrug:

I'm no SA expert, but thought most issues of Iron Man were doing OK (I bought a pretty nice mid-grade TOS 40 with great pages at a local shop today).

Antman is cool, but fading from the public memory (probably a movie planned after they film Mighty Dog meets the Three Stooges or something), and I wish the prices would come down on the books.

Still, TTA remains perhaps my favorite Marvel run from start to finish (I'm new in the SA pond, so please forgive me for such a foolish statement).

It's the nature of the boards - with the convention cycle and all the stuff up lately, a lot of folks are just drained. I would love to have any number of these books, but I owe too much comic-wise, not to mention over-all life-wise right now to contemplate taking on any more books. This is an amazing collection of great appearing books, but my guess is it is just too much money for the boards to absorb at one bite.