• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about a (hopefully) Mitch-free May Heritage thread

25 posts in this topic

I'm watching the Four Color 386 in 9.6. Thought it might be nice to talk about some of the books in this auction without the claptrap. Specifically, I don't need someone telling me Disney books are dead.

In before the Mitch.

I've got my eye on a duck book in that auction as well. I think my WDC&S run has lived without the first Barks issue for long enough. Good luck with the 386 - that's a beautiful book.

What are the white marks on the front lower left-hand side of the Four Color #108 9.2 Terror of the River? There are some very nice earlier Bark Four Colors in this auction.

Those white marks seem to be on the case or inner well. If you look at the giant size image, one of them extends beyond the book.

Also in before Mitch, but "The Amazing Theo" just channeled his thoughts via an antique fortune telling machine...

"DD books are out their in loads. If you sold cash into duck comics, know they cant be sold for a 1/10 of cost. That 9.6 looks like a 5o to me. But paintings are ORGYNIAL and ONE OF THE KIND. That $500,000 punt into a Barks is in fact worht 10 time as much. Do the math, and see for yourselfs.

If you MUST spent your hard eared money on a comics, DD against Hitler is an easy $100,00+ book now, most undervalued book in all the priceGuide of books. Real collectors see Action 1s every day, that time has now pasted. But Hitler is greatest villainy in all time. Do you think everyperson in Bulgaria knows Superman? No. But they all know Hitler. DD and Hitler in the same comic = a million bucks easy in a few years if not beforherhand. Buy one now till its too late!!!"

Also in before Mitch, but "The Amazing Theo" just channeled his thoughts via an antique fortune telling machine...

"DD books are out their in loads. If you sold cash into duck comics, know they cant be sold for a 1/10 of cost. That 9.6 looks like a 5o to me. But paintings are ORGYNIAL and ONE OF THE KIND. That $500,000 punt into a Barks is in fact worht 10 time as much. Do the math, and see for yourselfs.

If you MUST spent your hard eared money on a comics, DD against Hitler is an easy $100,00+ book now, most undervalued book in all the priceGuide of books. Real collectors see Action 1s every day, that time has now pasted. But Hitler is greatest villainy in all time. Do you think everyperson in Bulgaria knows Superman? No. But they all know Hitler. DD and Hitler in the same comic = a million bucks easy in a few years if not beforherhand. Buy one now till its too late!!!"

What a fool. :eyeroll:

I believe that Theo graduated from high school before the implementation of state high school exit exams. I rather like the word "ORGYNIAL."

Already some strong prices. $35,850 for a reglossed extensively restored Supes #1 CGC 7.5.

That's more than I thought it would sell for!!

Also some very strong prices (with 20 days left!!) on:

Batman 1 PR no last page or back cover $4K already!

Tec 27 9.2 EP $102K already!

Tec 29 7.5 $60K already!

:roflmao: Very well done.

:roflmao:

It's hilarious that the two buddies are equally illiterate.

DD battles hitler is a really cool GA book, but it is an absolutely horrible "investment" book when compared to action 1, or tec 27 or batman 1, etc...heck, I would say Whiz 2(1) has more potential then DD BH1 doh!

Oh man...that's hilarious. :roflmao: