• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MILE HIGH COMICS

77 posts in this topic

I need someone to analyze Mile High Comics for me. Not to bash them or make fun of them. Just an accurate analysis of their business model and their website. Who buys from them? How is their pricing structure? What changes would you suggest they make,

I need someone to analyze Mile High Comics for me. Not to bash them or make fun of them. Just an accurate analysis of their business model and their website. Who buys from them? How is their pricing structure? What changes would you suggest they make,

Why would we do that?

Accurate analysis, eh?

-Overgrading is common

-Pricing is all out of whack

-Returning books is a hassle

-Website is way outdated (although I do appreciate the cover scans on just about every book, even if it's just a stock image)

This sounds like a homework assignment. I never did homework even when I was in school. :(

You first. :taptaptap:

I read an article that someone on the boards linked to and there was an interview with the owner of MHC and he's struggling. Not to judge, but why would I pay a far more for an identical comic via MHC vs. CGC boards or ebay or HA, etc.? IMO he is digging his own grave, once he lowers the prices on his books, then he could generate some revenue.

Jerome

I read an article that someone on the boards linked to and there was an interview with the owner of MHC and he's struggling. Not to judge, but why would I pay a far more for an identical comic via MHC vs. CGC boards or ebay or HA, etc.? IMO he is digging his own grave, once he lowers the prices on his books, then he could generate some revenue.

Jerome

The sad thing is, there are a ton of filler and reader comics I could buy from chuckles but his ridiculous pricing structure makes it impossible. There was a time when you could get reading copies cheap from Mile High

Business model: Different

Customers: Never met one

Pricing Structure: Multiples of Overstreet

Change suggestions: Everything

I need someone to feed me frozen grapes while I am doing boring paperwork and trolling the Boards. Not to smash them or drop them. Just a good semi-regular placing of the frozen grapes in my mouth, in response to my opening my mouth, indicating that i desire a frozen grape.

Business model: Different

Customers: Never met one

Pricing Structure: Multiples of Overstreet

Change suggestions: Everything

I used to order from the yellow centerfold ads, picking up low- to mid-grade silver age and bronze age stuff for 25 cents - 1 dollar. Those were the days.

The owner is bate crazy.

Their prices are bate crazy.

Their business model is "special".

Their customers are silly.

I would suggest they burn the whole thing to the ground and start over.

Hope this helps.

Jerome

The sad thing is, there are a ton of filler and reader comics I could buy from chuckles but his ridiculous pricing structure makes it impossible. There was a time when you could get reading copies cheap from Mile High

i don't necessarily agree. now if you are talking reading copies of silver/bronze/copper i'll admit i've got no clue but for moderns i've bought boatloads of books and pay roughly $1.25 per when he's having one of his 60% off sales. i'm well aware that NM isn't going to be NM but i'm buying them to read, i don't really care.

I need someone to feed me frozen grapes while I am doing boring paperwork and trolling the Boards. Not to smash them or drop them. Just a good semi-regular placing of the frozen grapes in my mouth, in response to my opening my mouth, indicating that i desire a frozen grape.

You should experience a Ding Dong shoved in your mouth, you silly jester. hm

124958.jpg

A brain teaser....

A train leaves Denver, CO with a car load of frozen grapes packed in dry ice, and car load of over-graded, over-priced comics, it's dark, and the conductor is wearing sunglasses. It heads towards Dayton, OH at 70 mph, making no stops, and paying no mind.

At the same time a train leaves Dayton, OH heading towards Denver, CO, filled with passengers in search of yellow labels and lavish cryogenic fruit products. It travels at a speed of 62 mph taking no guff, speaking no lies.

The question is: What time is lunch?

A train leaves Denver, CO with a car load of frozen grapes packed in dry ice, and car load of over-graded, over-priced comics, it's dark, and the conductor is wearing sunglasses. It heads towards Dayton, OH at 70 mph, making no stops, and paying no mind.

At the same time a train leaves Dayton, OH heading towards Denver, CO, filled with passengers in search of yellow labels and lavish cryogenic fruit products. It travels at a speed of 62 mph taking no guff, speaking no lies.

What time is lunch?

4:20?