• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead 100 - Guess the Print Run!

354 posts in this topic

Wasn't the 94 B&W a run of 500...?

No 200. The 500 number was something random eBayers were throwing out there as a print run # for the color variants.

200 though is confirmed for the B&W sketch.

Now if #100 debuts say Daryl and Merle Dixon or kills off Rick Grimes (not spoilers I have no clue WTF is gonna happen) then this could become the most key issue in forever and could help drive the price up a little on the 1:200 variant.

I don't see there being more than 400 copies distributed of this variant, more realistically 300 or so. Now Branget will end up with roughly 20% of whatever hits the streets so if you want a copy, but don't wanna order 200 copies he is the man to go to.

I would agree that production numbers will surpass 100K but as stated previously most LCS don't order that many so there won't be a true relationship between total made and total 1:200 produced.

I predict around 105,000 agree to a lot of things stated already. :screwy:

Even with those numbers divided by 8 still buts one particular cover around a little over 13K which is less than issue #19. I don't see these prices going below cover on the con circut or LCS because usually you pay higher prices than ebay in person. Right now people like us are trying to secure a 1:200 so we are dumping our pre-sell sets to recoup some money. If there is a major debut or death these could hover around $10 a piece for a while (Usually you get a discount when buying a set)

Just saying....

if i would guess (IMHO ONLY) i would say that WD100 would be the new X-men #1. maybe even surpassing it.

in the last episode of WD wasn't it the number of viewers were around 9M people (i think) lets say that only 5M would be regular watchers. out of that 5M lets say that only 10% knows about the comic. That would still be 500,000. Lets say each one order one copy. That's 500,000 copies already, thats not including the crazy ones (me included) who wants ALL cvr variant. Then the numbers goes skyrocket from then on......

When was the last time a comic book was associeted with a tv series, being the comic comming out first??

I'd be totally suprise if the print run would be under 100,000.

in honor of #100 they should curtail preorders and make each issue the same as #1 when it first came out.

When did Image comics switch from "for profit" to "not for profit"? lol

Can this be pre-ordered right now? there is some fella on kijiji trying to sell all 8 covers for 35 bucks and 10 bucks for the chrome issue?

this sounds like a sweet deal, almost too good to be true.

any thoughts?

I don't believe previews is out yet but soon. I've offered the same books you Mentioned as $45 for $25. Just an FYI. ;)

Previews that will have all the info and covers listed in it for #100 is out I believe this Wednesday or Thursday.

Buy the set from Branget for $25. The shipping isn't hateful from Canada and every order placed with Branget is another step towards helping him corner the market on the 1:200 variants. :)

I think it's really interesting that people seem to be buying 200 copies for the incentive, and trying to sell the raw sets rather than the incentive. hm Would people be interested in paying $300 for the incentive only? hm

I think this is a perfect investment for those who like to jump onto bandwagons late and also have faith in financing the "Hootie and the Blowfish" reunion tour.

I'm not sure if these books will be worth more as firewood to heat a home or will jump from dollar bins to quarter boxes.

The Walking Dead is no longer the hobby's hidden secret. I'm amazed by the optimistic opinions on the specuated values, almost thinking it's mainly coming from resellers hoping to hype the books up to falsely create market value and scarcity on something that's going to be printed in massive quantities to appease the hobby's appetite with a huge print run.

Didn't Image and speculating investors already go through thsi dance and do this with "Spawn #1", "Darker Image" and a bunch of other titles?

Spawn #1 had a much higher print run. 1.7 million copies sold. and didn't have a long running great series preceeding it. Also, while the book will have a high print run (for an image book), there are 8 different covers. Some will be ordered less than others.

The real question is what will be the print run on each cover. Even if the print run was 100,000, that's 12,500 per cover. Of course, some like the mcfarlane and adlard wrap around, might have a larger print than others.

1 week and I have presold over 150 sets on Ebay. (THANK YOU ROBERT KIRKMAN!!) I have recieved payments from all but maybe 15 sets.Out of me and 3 other guys on there selling the same package deal (9 of the 10 different covers...1:200 is the 10th and not included) ...I know we have presold atleast 500 sets. Maybe 15 of my orders were for more than 1 set. About 20 sets total from buyers outside of the USA. And the Diamond Previews catalog hasn't even shipped. Once it gets in the hands of all the other dealers and then to the customers who knows what will happen! So almost 5000 copies total from just us 4 guys....this issue is gonna have a monster print run.

Man thats alot of work dude. You are my idol. (thumbs u

You guys are gonna have to work to get that 200 variant thats for sure.