• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead 100 - Guess the Print Run!

354 posts in this topic

i think print run will be about 100K and for the 1:200 there will be about 500 copies is my guess :)

since we know the majority of stores will NOT be ordering 200 copies, there is no way you can have 500 variants with a 100K print run... :baiting:

my guess is if the print run is 100K, then less than 250 variants will exist (assuming 50% of the print run is ordered in increments of 200 to get the variant)

:gossip: I don't think they are going to print the variant in proportion to orders over 200 but rather in proportion to print run.

They are simply supposed to be distributing the book to everyone that ordered 200 or more. I haven't seen any language limiting the print run to only the number of 200 book orders.

These variants often find their way into the hands of people that didn't order a single book, so I wouldn't be holding the publisher's printing practices to any sort of exact accounting.

they will do a 5% overprinting of the 1:200 variant, but according to the diamond/image solicitation, that coded item can only be ordered if the total of the previous 8 codes (the 8 diff covers) exceeds 200...

so if the solicitation is to be believed, image will only print 1:200 variants equal to (+ 5%) the # of orders of that variant code, which can only be equal to the #'s of orders that have placed for 200 or more copies...does that make sense lol

That's an allowance on the order form to customers, but that's not necessarily how Image will print them.

From when I had my Diamond account, they always had extras of these variants that came in with the shipment. The order form allowed them to keep track of who gets the variant more efficiently, but they always wound up with a stack of extra variants on them. They'd usually raffle or sell them at retailer meetings.

Maybe that's changed, but I wouldn't attempt to tie the Diamond order form too tightly to what Image will actually print. They promise to sell 1 for every 200 that are ordered but I don't know if that limits them too strictly to what they actually produce for their own purposes.

no doubt there will be the 5% allowance (for shorts and damages) and probably a small overprinting, but they won't print 1 for every 200 copies ordered (thumbs u

Not to derail but i like G.A.tors logic. Branget - would love to see a pic of your packing station. Did i do a good job packing that RRP for you or should i have done something different?

I'll see about taking a pic or 2 when things calm down next week. :)

The comic arrived safe so good job. My packaging is all geared towards Slabbed comics. I don't like selling raws.

this link has few covers

http://www.imagecomics.com/search/?q=walking+dead+%23100

i can't wait to see what the Ryan Ottley & mcfarlane ones look like

I think those have already been previously released...was hoping to have the others available today, but as of now, still not

this link has few covers

http://www.imagecomics.com/search/?q=walking+dead+%23100

i can't wait to see what the Ryan Ottley & mcfarlane ones look like

i only see the silvestri and adlard. am i missing some or is that it?

just the same ones that were already released, but cool to see in place (thumbs u

i think print run will be about 100K and for the 1:200 there will be about 500 copies is my guess :)

since we know the majority of stores will NOT be ordering 200 copies, there is no way you can have 500 variants with a 100K print run... :baiting:

my guess is if the print run is 100K, then less than 250 variants will exist (assuming 50% of the print run is ordered in increments of 200 to get the variant)

:gossip: I don't think they are going to print the variant in proportion to orders over 200 but rather in proportion to print run.

They are simply supposed to be distributing the book to everyone that ordered 200 or more. I haven't seen any language limiting the print run to only the number of 200 book orders.

These variants often find their way into the hands of people that didn't order a single book, so I wouldn't be holding the publisher's printing practices to any sort of exact accounting.

they will do a 5% overprinting of the 1:200 variant, but according to the diamond/image solicitation, that coded item can only be ordered if the total of the previous 8 codes (the 8 diff covers) exceeds 200...

so if the solicitation is to be believed, image will only print 1:200 variants equal to (+ 5%) the # of orders of that variant code, which can only be equal to the #'s of orders that have placed for 200 or more copies...does that make sense lol

That's an allowance on the order form to customers, but that's not necessarily how Image will print them.

From when I had my Diamond account, they always had extras of these variants that came in with the shipment. The order form allowed them to keep track of who gets the variant more efficiently, but they always wound up with a stack of extra variants on them. They'd usually raffle or sell them at retailer meetings.

Maybe that's changed, but I wouldn't attempt to tie the Diamond order form too tightly to what Image will actually print. They promise to sell 1 for every 200 that are ordered but I don't know if that limits them too strictly to what they actually produce for their own purposes.

no doubt there will be the 5% allowance (for shorts and damages) and probably a small overprinting, but they won't print 1 for every 200 copies ordered (thumbs u

TOUCHE :kidaround:

I didn't realize they had released that bit of information. Is it online?

:gossip: I got the info from a VP at diamond, so not sure if it is online or not, but he didn't tell me I couldn't share it, so I did (thumbs u

:gossip: I got the info from a VP at diamond, so not sure if it is online or not, but he didn't tell me I couldn't share it, so I did (thumbs u

Nice. I had a call into Image to get the straight poop from their end.

hm That doesn't sound the way I wanted it to. :sick:

if image tells you something different, let us know (thumbs u

if image tells you something different, let us know (thumbs u

Just waiting to hear now.