• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-O Manowar discussion, arriving May 2

344 posts in this topic

If anyone picked up the digital version mine had no Harbinger preview :cry:

Definitely worth following but at $3.99 a pop its a harder sell for me. Same for Batman's price increase...and I've thoroughly enjoyed that book.

I've never read any valiant books before.

I know nothing at all about any of the Valiant characters and have to admit, X-O was not what I was expecting.

Really enjoyed it. I think I'll stick around for a while and try the other books.

I'm glad to hear that folks who have never read X-O are digging it!

That's one thing I really wondered about, since I have a positive bias towards this stuff. It's hard for me to remove that bias when looking at it.

I'm glad to hear that folks who have never read X-O are digging it!

That's one thing I really wondered about, since I have a positive bias towards this stuff. It's hard for me to remove that bias when looking at it.

There's a lot to be said for the "shared experience" aspect of comic reading.

The Valiant fans may be a relatively small group, but being "in it together" makes

reading the comics something MORE than just buying and reading a comic.

It's the same thing with all types of ongoing entertainment...

If you're the only one you know who likes a band or tv show,

it can be lonely describing it to people who don't care or not talking about it at all.

It doesn't mean it isn't good, or that other things aren't also good...

it's just a quiet solo enjoyment, when sometimes it's more fun to party.

I never read any Valiant's other than a few random Turok issues. I did read the Acclaim (was it?), X-O series and really enjoyed that. This looks great too based on the first issue. I'm in.

I did not get the opportunity to read the original Valiant series. Have been following the thread and decided to pick up the first issue. Thought it was pretty good. Will definitely follow the next few issues to see where it goes.

Is it just me, or is the print run a total OVERKILL?

I mean I can understand the company wanting to succeed, but damn.....At least make the issue worth something, or make the print small enough to solicit a second, or third print for issue one.

Thanks to G.A.Tor for setting aside the 1:20 variant and the FCBD preview for me! Neither was expected, but both were very much appreciated! Very cool guy. (thumbs u

I read the first issue today and thought it was very good. I look forward to next month. It was the first new comic I've bought since 1995.

I thought it was really interesting swords vs aliens ... I like it ! :) I assume it will lead up to present day times at some point though based on what very little I've read of the original series ... Does anyone know how long this one is going to last for ?.. Mini 1-6?.. on going if sales are well ????... I am thinking of putting it on order at my lcs but I hate books that die out by #15 or 20 lol I like long ongoing type stuff

This is ongoing most definitely. It's not going to be cancelled after a few issues. No chance. This is the start of a universe in this comic book. Put it on your sub as well as the other books and watch the world building by some fantastic writers coming up.

What other books ?.. I don't know if I want to get into an entire bunch of new suff ....

links to previews or anything ? OH I wound up enjoying the #1 so much while I was at the lcs today I had the guy put it on my list ... (shrug) great to hear its planned to be an ongoing series

What other books ?.. I don't know if I want to get into an entire bunch of new suff ....

links to previews or anything ? OH I wound up enjoying the #1 so much while I was at the lcs today I had the guy put it on my list ... (shrug) great to hear its planned to be an ongoing series

Check out the back cover of X-O #1.

Four titles, monthly... X-O #2 and Harbinger #1 are June.

X-O #3, Harbinger #2, and Bloodshot #1 are July.

X-O #4, Harbinger #3, Bloodshot #2, and Archer & Armstrong #1 are August.

(thumbs u

hrnmm.... these are not all going to be linked are they ?...

It's my understanding that Valiant is making plans for a cohesive universe,

everything that happens in any book could impact the others.

The author of X-O #1 has stated that a dozen storylines have been established in X-O #1.

He also said he's already completed the writing through issue #5.

I'd be willing to bet that some of those storylines will involve other titles.

The original Valiant had a universe-wide crossover about a year after it started called 'Unity'.

Every book prior to that crossover became known as "Pre-Unity" and were (and still are) among the most popular.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new Valiant doesn't already have something similar planned for sometime in 2013.

uhgnn... in a hat what have i gotten my self into .... Guess I will pop in next week and put them all in order ... Anyone know if its too late to backorder the #1s ?.. I actually want to pick up the 1:20 variant cover as well for XO guess I will have to try ebay & hope i get a 9.8 :) It would make a nice SS cover imo lots of space(pardon the pun) on the book for sigs . One of the reasons I like xo man war is because its swords vs space tech ... I hope I will still like the series when they jump into present day