• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

QUESTION ABOUT GRADING

30 posts in this topic

no other way but call cgc and ask to talk to a finalizer (head grader)

with luck, you graded your books in high tier that contains notes and the books are still fresh in the mind of the grader to comment on them. Other than that, you might be SOL.

good luck.

YES, IT'S THE SAME PERSON THAT HEARS COMPLAINTS IF YOU DISAGREE WITH HOW MUCH TAXES YOU PAY.

ALSO WORKS BETTER TO PUT ON A TIN FOIL HAT TO KEEP CGC FROM TRYING TO READ YOUR MIND GRAPES.

no other way but call cgc and ask to talk to a finalizer (head grader)

with luck, you graded your books in high tier that contains notes and the books are still fresh in the mind of the grader to comment on them. Other than that, you might be SOL.

good luck.

Agreed - Actually, OP should be encouraged to call CGC and ask. It's all part of the learning process. Chances are you missed something when you were screening your books for submission. Take off the rose-tinted galsses for starters . . . :grin:

Yep. Call CGC. I've heard of instances where grades have been changed after discussion.

But, the most likely scenario (99.99% chance) is that the submitter missed something.

I guess I'll call and find out why the grades on my books are as

low as they are...BATMAN #47 a 3.5...SUPERMAN #53 a 3.0

and MARVEL FAMILY #1 a 3.0.

Seems like the same problem with them all!

mm

Do you have scans?

I remember you posting that you had submitted and thought they were mid-gradish books.

Definitely call them for the notes. Maybe there's a water stain or something that you didn't see. They'll hammer you for those.

mm

What were the page qualities? Brittle or slightly brittle will bring the numerical grade down.

mm

It sounds like they are G/VG books. Whether that is a problem is likely up to the beholder.

What if you do not agree with the grade given a book or a group of books...

is there someone at CGC you would talk to ?

mm

No, I often complain about it to my mailman since he's the one that delivers them.

I called CGC about the grades of my three books and was told to

call back when I received the books. Now I read that there is a $15

fee per book for trying to find out why my books came in at a low

grade...is this true?

mm

... to see why they came in so low.

According to some of your past posts, your books are well read and well traveled. Over the years, I've seen scores of smaller original owner GA collections with the same general history as yours, and most of the books therein were in the GD/VG to VG/FN range. I think when all is said and done, you'll find that you have a VG-ish collection that'll be a nice source of retirement funds or a very generous gift for your children and/or grandchildren.

And definitely something to be proud of! (thumbs u

... to see why they came in so low.

According to some of your past posts, your books are well read and well traveled. Over the years, I've seen scores of smaller original owner GA collections with the same general history as yours, and most of the books therein were in the GD/VG to VG/FN range. I think when all is said and done, you'll find that you have a VG-ish collection that'll be a nice source of retirement funds or a very generous gift for your children and/or grandchildren.

And definitely something to be proud of! (thumbs u

Well said! (thumbs u