• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Amazing Fantasy #15

29 posts in this topic

AWESOME BOOK and congrats for having it -

I think 1.0 or 1.5 and you might want to remove the extra staples. the chunk out of the URFC is not enough by itself to bring the book to a 1.0, IMNSHO!!

you never know, maybe even a 1.8 if the cover was taped back to the wraps carefully (and please note - i am not an expert, don't take my advice without plenty of corroboration

but AWESOME!

AWESOME BOOK and congrats for having it -

I think 1.0 or 1.5 and you might want to remove the extra staples. the chunk out of the URFC is not enough by itself to bring the book to a 1.0, IMNSHO!!

you never know, maybe even a 1.8 if the cover was taped back to the wraps carefully (and please note - i am not an expert, don't take my advice without plenty of corroboration

but AWESOME!

I don't think a 1.0 is in the question. 1.5/8 isn't possible with the fake tape loophole.

When it was restapled they aligned it slightly wrong. Look how the cover jutts out to the left at the bottom staple.

I would definitely remove the extra staples even if the cover becomes loose just so it can present a little better.

In todays market I think you would be shocked at how much $ you could get for this.

When it was restapled they aligned it slightly wrong. Look how the cover jutts out to the left at the bottom staple.

I would definitely remove the extra staples even if the cover becomes loose just so it can present a little better.

In todays market I think you would be shocked at how much $ you could get for this.

Yeah, last 12 months suggests $2700-3000. I need to talk to the professionals about staple removal. Both of the originals are there.

Just carefully unbend the "tines" and push the staple out. If you're careful you should be fine. If you need to, practice on a worthless comic first.

If at anytime you feel like you're doing something wrong or damaging the comic then stop. In general, if you're careful it's not too difficult, but sometimes if the paper quality is really bad then it can be tougher.

There are many things that you should have a professional restorer do, but I think staple removal is generally easy enough that most of us can do it.

I could find a way to screw it up!!