• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great Metropolis pack job

39 posts in this topic

Ordered a book from them recently...here is how she came out of the box. And before anyone says 'you should contact them', I tried. Twice. Zero response. But there was plenty of quick response when it came to us negotiating the book's sale.

I post here so maybe there will be some response from them? I mean, it's not a HUGE deal...but when it comes to our hobby, the smallest details mean the world. And this was all in the pack job...sure it was bubble wrapped, but not secured whatsoever.

2ex7ezd.jpg

16qtz5.jpg

c730h.jpg

To be fair, its an old label book, and that label on top was likely peeling before they ever sent the book to you. Most of the top labels from the older label style are like that. Just wanted to point that out before someone sees those pictures and automatically assumes that thin top label peeled because of the shipping....probably not the case.

You're mad cause they surrounded it with thick cardboard and put it in box with bubble wrap? I just want to understand the indignation.

Happens on newer label too. They should find out what glue they use on the Comiclink stickers and use that for the top label.

+1k ComicLink stickers are the WORST! I submit a request each time I buy from them and what happens: I GET STICKERS!

Maybe I'll request double stickers next time.

Anyways, I see old top labels peeling all the time...sucks. Just take a touch of glue and push it back down. Any glue should work (but I wouldn't use super glue)

i thought he was mad the cardboard sandwich didn't cover the whole slab...

not a perfect packing job, but passable for sure.

If they had secured it, would you have rather had tape on the slab (since its not in a bag)?

Perhaps they should include the CGC plastic sleeve in the future (or use a resealable CGC bag.)

Agreed. Not major, but I don't ship any slabs without a bag.

I have said it before, I once received a slab delivered on a pizza box from an ebayer, no problem. I have received cracked slabs from cgc. That's life in the fast lane. Those that comlplain at mere things need to check out the little kids in the Children's Hospital and let me know how their day is going in comparison. Anyone care to start a thread of anything positive?

If Metropolis happens to be reading this thread:

I saw the email today and the part about the collectible wine bottles available for sale (signed by Stan Lee) seems to be SERIOUSLY ILLEGAL.

Please do some research regarding the shipping or selling of alcohol. (Especially interstate shipping.) I don't believe you have an alcohol license and the "Collectible Tag" as found on eBay does not apply to wine bottles.

CGC: if you're reading this. I read the thread about you charging for graders notes.

Do the requisite research (read the thread about it here).

You can get Stan Lee to sign every single one of them and include a bottle of wine with each submission and you still couldn't ask the price you're asking.

I have said it before, I once received a slab delivered on a pizza box from an ebayer, no problem. I have received cracked slabs from cgc. That's life in the fast lane. Those that comlplain at mere things need to check out the little kids in the Children's Hospital and let me know how their day is going in comparison. Anyone care to start a thread of anything positive?

To be fair this has nothing to do with a children's hospital or positive versus negative threads. And I understand your post; there are much more serious issues out there.

Comic shipping 101 is to tape the comic to cardboard that is larger than the CGC

case to create a buffer zone and it looks like Metro did it wrong this time.

Spent plenty of time there with a seriously ill child and wept at the sight of children far sicker than ours.

There's also massive injustices that happen daily in our world...however, this is a board of COLLECTORS and fellow hobbyists who seem to look out for one another or share experiences. I don't remember writing anything that said "Metropolis ruined my life" or "This is the worst thing that has ever happened to anyone".