• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great Metropolis pack job

39 posts in this topic

CGC: if you're reading this. I read the thread about you charging for graders notes.

Do the requisite research (read the thread about it here).

You can get Stan Lee to sign every single one of them and include a bottle of wine with each submission and you still couldn't ask the price your asking.

lol

Happens on newer label too. They should find out what glue they use on the Comiclink stickers and use that for the top label.

+1k ComicLink stickers are the WORST! I submit a request each time I buy from them and what happens: I GET STICKERS!

lol

Please stop, Comiclink with those stickers.

Makes me think of those women being branded covers

I wouldn't pay it they had Stan in house reading the notes to me in the mighty Marvel manner himself. ... 'Nuff said!
He may not post in the right threads, folks. But he is a hunk.

To be fair, its an old label book, and that label on top was likely peeling before they ever sent the book to you. Most of the top labels from the older label style are like that.

That’s true. I own just three CGC books, and the one I have with the old label presented the same problem months after it had been unpacked. Packaging was perfect, but the label started to peel off by itself.

Happens on newer label too. They should find out what glue they use on the Comiclink stickers and use that for the top label.

:roflmao:

Probably should just do away with the top label...

It's a waste of resources on something that falls off when somebody breaths on it.

I have said it before, I once received a slab delivered on a pizza box from an ebayer, no problem. I have received cracked slabs from cgc. That's life in the fast lane. Those that comlplain at mere things need to check out the little kids in the Children's Hospital and let me know how their day is going in comparison. Anyone care to start a thread of anything positive?

You know what.....the above is very true.

I am guilty of the same thing sometimes when it comes to trivial things in life.

I totally agree that most of the things we complain about are pointless when you have good health and all your friends and family are safe.

Good Post. (thumbs u

I have said it before, I once received a slab delivered on a pizza box from an ebayer, no problem. I have received cracked slabs from cgc. That's life in the fast lane. Those that comlplain at mere things need to check out the little kids in the Children's Hospital and let me know how their day is going in comparison. Anyone care to start a thread of anything positive?

Spent plenty of time there with a seriously ill child and wept at the sight of children far sicker than ours.

There's also massive injustices that happen daily in our world...however, this is a board of COLLECTORS and fellow hobbyists who seem to look out for one another or share experiences. I don't remember writing anything that said "Metropolis ruined my life" or "This is the worst thing that has ever happened to anyone".

But what happened exactly? The case wasn't damaged.

Picking battles is a tricky thing for some.

You know what.....the above is very true.

I am guilty of the same thing sometimes when it comes to trivial things in life.

I totally agree that most of the things we complain about are pointless when you have good health and all your friends and family are safe.

Good Post. (thumbs u

It will all come full circle when we are in our 70s and 80s. That`s when we will find out if comic books were good investments, as we try to pay for medicine and healthcare costs to stay out of the nursing homes. ;)

Oh, and while we are on this subject, auntforestdramagatha bought a Mary Marvel from youse guys, which he loves btw, but you ripped him off cause you wouldn't exchange it two years later, even though he wanted to keep it anyway. Man what kind of snake oil stand are you running over there? Sheesh! rantrant. :blahblah:

Well hey, let's not bother sharing information with one another from now on about good/bad packing, prices, poor Feebay sellers, etc...since after all, ALL of that is trivial in the scheme of things. Funny though, still no response via email from Metro.

Those that comlplain at mere things need to check out the little kids in the Children's Hospital and let me know how their day is going in comparison.

That's called rationalizing, and is irrelevant to the subject matter at hand.

If someone goes to a restaurant and finds a fly in their soup, and then are ignored by the staff and management regarding the issue, should they still not share the information with their friends because some poor unknown child in Libya stepped on a land mine?

Last time I looked, this was a discussion board and not Dr. Phil.

Perhaps they should include the CGC plastic sleeve in the future (or use a resealable CGC bag.)

Agreed. Not major, but I don't ship any slabs without a bag for at least 6 months.

You might want to ship a little quicker there sport.