• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Junior Seau

68 posts in this topic

anybody else notice that seau shot himself in the chest and not his head? he prolly wants his brain to be donated for scientific research on playing in the NFL. :(

That's what Dave Duerson did.

The first thing I thought of was that there is a correlation between TBI and depression/suicide. No one laid more crazy hits on people for a longer time than Seau. Truly a shame. RIP.

anybody else notice that seau shot himself in the chest and not his head? he prolly wants his brain to be donated for scientific research on playing in the NFL. :(

That's what Dave Duerson did.

The first thing I thought of was that there is a correlation between TBI and depression/suicide. No one laid more crazy hits on people for a longer time than Seau. Truly a shame. RIP.

With everything that's gone down the last few years, it's pretty clear TBI is having a MAJOR effect on former players. The saints players are lucky this happened after the suspensions were laid down. Tragedies like this is exactly why the people thinking Goodell was to hard on the Saints just don't get it :sorry:

And Ryan Leaf is still alive, kicking and robbing houses for prescription painkillers. Unfortunate.

I love football and enjoyed having Junior on the Pats, but sadly too many ex-football players go this root. Hopefully having such a big name star take his life will help the NFL reach out to former players in emotional/physical and financial distress.

And Ryan Leaf is still alive, kicking and robbing houses for prescription painkillers. Unfortunate.

You have to have a brain to suffer a brain injury.

He's clearly got his own demons.

Watching his mother speak just now and beg God to "Take me...take me now." was heartbreaking. I actually teared up. How horrible to have your child pass on, no matter the age. :(

Peace,

Chip

He's clearly got his own demons.

If you mean he's surrounded by people who tolerate his behavior, and continue to enable him to be an unproductive member of society who puts other people in danger with his repetitive self-destructive actions, then yes. He has his own "demons".

But anyways, back to Junior Seau. It's quite a shame that he left a fairly large family behind.

Watching his mother speak just now and beg God to "Take me...take me now." was heartbreaking. I actually teared up. How horrible to have your child pass on, no matter the age. :(

Peace,

Chip

yep. they're replaying it now on NFL live. :cry:

Yea this is really sad day here in Oceanside.

Seau only lived 4 miles from my house.

This was the 2nd time Junior tried to take his own life because a couple of years ago he tried to drive his car off a cliff. So for what ever reason he had demons he could not unfortunately deal with anymore. I assumed after the first attempt he received some depression treatment or therapy, but something was really wrong for him to do something this tragic a 2nd time.

Very sad day here in San Diego.

Even more sad is he has 2 kids he is leaving behind.

RIP Junior

What a selfish act. For as strong as he was on the outside, he was obviously a weak man on the inside. For whatever issues he had, he took the cowardly way out. No pity for him at all... only to those who cared about him did he hurt and passed his problem onto others.