• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead

67 posts in this topic

Stoked to read that Kirkman will be writing Captain America soon. I bought the Cassaday issues, but had to bail after that (even the Hairsline art couldn't fix it).

I have faith that Kirkman will bring this book back to life. Better grab his back issues quick (too late for WD, as those are already through the roof):

Capes

Brit

Reaper

Battle Pope

Invincible

Any others?

Invincible is the next hottest Kirkman book. 2c

#1 has already exploded. There have been multiple raw NM copies sold for about $200. :gossip:

Plus, unlike the new unproven stuff, Invincible has over 90 issues and is a GREAT book. Easily one of my top 3 favorite comics I'm reading. (thumbs u

AGREED :news:

I just purchased the Invincible Compendium and trying to build the run of that since I have completed my TWD for the most part. It took me a while to decide what next and really think Invincible has potential as a book and possible future show or movie.

Stoked to read that Kirkman will be writing Captain America soon. I bought the Cassaday issues, but had to bail after that (even the Hairsline art couldn't fix it).

I have faith that Kirkman will bring this book back to life. Better grab his back issues quick (too late for WD, as those are already through the roof):

Capes

Brit

Reaper

Battle Pope

Invincible

Any others?

Anyone know what the prices were back then? lol

I remember when #1 was a $200 book and I said no way :tonofbricks:

I got my CGC 9.6 on eBay for $160. I don't remember when that was....

Edit - not $180, $160.

I bought my CGC 9.6 during the VCC on 12/2/07 for $140 (I had to pull up my past PMs to look at the date) I passed on the book when it first came out.

I think we all agree that Walking Dead No. 1 will spike again when the next season debuts probably peaking right before Christmas and/or on Black Friday, so what does everyone think the book will spike at? Anyone think CGC 9.8 will hit 2K?

Is anybody reading this book???

I figured with the talk of Kirkman in the other thread, this book deserved a little attention, too.

With the deluge of "living dead" books coming to market right now, this has to be the best. The first issue was basically a melange of conceptual rip-offs from zombie movies, but after that... wooo! Cliff-hangers and nail-biters galore! The "secondary" characters could use some development, but with a cast as large as it currently is, I think Kirkman's doing the best he can. Plus, with the conclusion of this next arc, I think the ranks will be winnowed considerably... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I just wish they would get the original artist (Tony Moore) back. His stuff was INCREDIBLE. Black and white, but the zombies STILL looked like the most disgusting things you've ever seen.

(The TPB collecting issues 1-6 is only $9.95, people! Buy it! You won't be disappointed! Don't bother trying to buy the original issues... they're through the roof (IMO) for modern books that are less than a year old.)

In other words this book was like Chew and a hit from the beginning.

:cloud9:

I think we all agree that Walking Dead No. 1 will spike again when the next season debuts probably peaking right before Christmas and/or on Black Friday, so what does everyone think the book will spike at? Anyone think CGC 9.8 will hit 2K?

I think season 3 will be the biggest season ratings wise

I will go out on a limb and say it will at one time go for over 2k within the next 365 days. I don`t know if it will stay there at 2k, but it will get there. 2c

I think season 3 will be the biggest season ratings wise

I will go out on a limb and say it will at one time go for over 2k within the next 365 days. I don`t know if it will stay there at 2k, but it will get there. 2c

I don't know ... I think it has a shot. The economy should be better close to the election, people will be filled with hope or despair (either works for the Walking Dead) and I imagine that it will get close to 2K aroung Christmas but I don't know if it will actually hit it. I guess the other big quesiton is what will Walking Dead 19s and 27s bring. I think that there price tags will be contingent upon how well each character is received by viewers. I won't be surprised if we see WD 19 CGC 9.8s hit 1K and WD 27 CGC 9.8s hit $750, but I think the higher print runs on these issues will increase availability and keep there prices from going sky high.

I think it has a really good shot at 2k maybe even 2500 (low print run will always be a factor here). But I also think some people sell it short when it comes to show longevity. As long as there is a popular show WD #1 in a 9.8 will continue to rise.

BTW I also don't think season 3 will be the peek, but more like season 4 or 5. You see unlike the TV show Lost which lasted 5 seasons, Kirkman already has a successful -script written out. Remember, he is on issue 97 while the show is still back in the teens (about to find the prison). There is so much more comic book that he has before the show jumps the shark. In essence he has a choose your own adventure book. If he did not like the way he did it the first time, he can change it in the show.

IMHO the first 48 were some of the best reads ever and he can always come back to these if the show gets off track. Right now I just can't see the series slowing down, because the zombies are secondary to the human interest portion of the show. In the second season we just briefly saw human to human interaction, now bring on the governor and Woodbury?

You also have Europe and other portions of the world just now watching season 1 for the first time.....But to me the biggest factor with regards to the show's sustainability is the number of episodes. Season 1 had only 6, Season 2 was 13, and Season 3 will be 16. By comparison at the end of season 3 of Lost there were 72 episodes….. Walking Dead will only have 35 by that time.

I could be wrong, but I think that iceberg might be a little bigger than people think. 2c

Clearly this guy feels the Super Hero cover is a hot item and will grow in value after Season 3. :facepalm:

Nice Investment

Yeah, Really, I sent that dude an email seeing if he would go any lower. :makepoint:

Good luck. Most of the time when I do that I get some bullsh$t response. One I got most recently was "This book will only go up in value as AMC has allowed it to go into season 3" lol