• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Adam Yauch

55 posts in this topic

I have been a fan for years and years. Totally sucks. Although he is older than me, we went to the same High School in Brooklyn. One of the best rap group of all time.

"I think there are a lot of misconceptions in society in general about what actually brings happiness, we're caught up in all these ideas that having a lot of money or having somebody beautiful to have sex with or having some cool objects, having a cool car, cool stereo or whatever is gonna make us happy. And those things actually don't bring us happiness."

-Adam Yauch

going to play Paul's Boutique in your honor tonight.

One of the alltime great albums. So far ahead of it's time, really.

It was so far ahead of its time, and so different from Licensed to Ill

I didn't start to really love it until it was almost a year old. Now it is one of my 10 desert island albums.

I remember buying their first tape (yes tape lol)

Been a great band and was listening to Sabotage this morning and just heard this news...

I believe they just got inducted into the R&R HOF recently?

Rest In Peace and know you live forever...

Not my type of music per say, but as a new wave / punk guy I could always see that their attitude and performance style kind of evolved out of the same place as Devo and even Talking Heads.

Their stuff was intelligent, inventive and just downright entertaining as well.

As someone else said earlier, I don't always get overly upset about celebrity deaths past a kind of general regret and sympathy for friends and family left behind, but this is particularly sad.

48 really is terribly young. I have three people I know fighting Cancer as we speak and it is just horrible.

RIP Adam.

One of the most energetic bands I have ever seen...

Was lucky enough that the only show I went to was the show at McCarren Pool in Williamsburg Brooklyn....

Highly energetic and amazing to see a 'rap/punk' band play its own music.