• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free comic book day turned into spend over 100 dollars day

22 posts in this topic

one store had a sale on comic book day. 50% back issues and 40% GN's

I wound up buying

Teen Titans #1 x2

Teen Titans The culling #1

Resurrection Man #1

Green Lantern New Guardians #1

Justice League #1

The Flash #1

Batman #1

Demon Knigh x2ts #1

Green Lantern #1

Teen Titans #8

Supergirl #8

Earth 2 #1 x2

Action Comics #1

Worlds Finest #1 x2

Justice League International #1

Nightwing #1

Mind the gap Cover A x3 cover B x3

For my sons I bought Peanuts, popeye, some other books i cant rememeber

plus I got about 20 free comics, i visited 4 differnt stores.

Wish mine would have had some kinda deals going sounds like you and your son had a good day

I can't believe more don't. I showed by ten minutes before my LCS shop opened today and there were fifty people in front of me in line. Still got the freebies I wanted (max of five per person) and lots going on. May go back later on to scrounge some more when it is calmer.

Mine will hardly even deal on books normally not sure why they are that way and its the only store in couple hundred miles of me so they can do whatever they want i guess It was 5 books per person today and the one book i wanted was mouse guard and they didnt have any of them i was second in the store Oh well im sure ill get gouged on ebay for a copy lol

I got a ton of the free books from going to 3 different shops. I got to talk to Stuart Sayger for a little while at one shop and then talked with Tony and Kara Moore for a little over half an hour at another. Ended up spending about $150 on some of Tony's Walking Dead prints.

The Comic Art Gallery In Toronto (owned by Kevin Boyd) who is on the boards but I can't recall his handle had a huge signing today.

I went because Staurt Immonen was appearing.

I had never been in the store before but the signing drew me in AND I ended up spending $80 on slabbed books!

9.8 CGC SS Skull Kickers #1 signed by artist and writer AND a Dave Gibbons Doctor Who CGC SS 9.4 and they had great Hard Covers!

Pretty much what I'm saying is,

Today was amazing. AND I GOT STUFF SIGNED BY THE IMMONENS!

One of my local stores had a pretty good deal today. Fill a short box for $25 or a long box for $45. By the time I got out of work and got to the store, most of the boxes had been picked thru. Mostly moderns, with some as new as last week. Picked up quite a few on the Fear Itself books, some New 52 books, couple of Battlestar Galactica #1, a few of the Thanos Imperative mini series, and whatever else looked decent. They didn't have any FCBD books left there.

The other 3 stores I went to, 1 only let you get 4 FCBD books, the 2nd store let you get 2, the 3rd store let you grab 1 of each book they had (but it had their store sticker on them). All in all, not a bad day for me.

Anyone selling FCBD sets?

I have about 8 or 9 of them or so...how much are you paying for them?

I just had a look at how many were on the list and shipping might be a killer here to Australia for 42 books... Might have to pass I think

LCS had me work for a couple of hours, was fun to hand out Thor Heroclix and instruct people on the quantity of books they could take for FCBD...

Showed up about 5 minutes before it opened and there was a line around the building, luckily I was able to sneak in through the back.

Store had 50% off all comics (except wall books) and TPBs. I spent a couple of hundred on new modern hot titles, some back issues and bought the Walking Dead Compendium for a girlfriend of mine...

Then went back later lol and bought more, but was happy to buy the Morrison X-Men run in TPB for half off. I have all the issues, but that is one I like to read over and over again (so good!)

My LCS had a fantastic day. They had a line-up down the block and it took about an hour and a half to get in for most of the day. Fortunately, I wandered in just as the line-up ended, grabbed the WD variants at -50% that no one had bothered looking at, and some blank covers at $1.00 per. $26.96 for about $100.00 worth of FMV books is a successful outing in my opinion.

I've never been in a comic shop on FCBD before, so I was amazed at how many people are tantalized by the word "FREE". I overheard some staff talk about sales numbers, and all I will say is:"Wow!!!". Marketing and the word "free" sure do work, because the overall discounts in the store were similar to standard con prices for regular stock. In other words, nothing out-of-this-world. I'm very glad for them and other LCSs that had similar success. I'm guessing the AVENGERS launch had an impact, and the fact that it was a beautiful day.

Even my buddy who sells comics at a flea market, noticed a spike in AVENGERS sales this week. He's right across the street from a major cinema - VERY convenient!!!

The bottom line is it's good to see flocks of people out on a Saturday buying and enjoying comics. Men, women, children, teens, you name it!