• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question About Iron Man

17 posts in this topic

THANKS...is this a hard book to find?

mm

not really.

If high grade = 8.5 or higher, then you are looking 70 plus slabs out there in that range.

there are plenty of mid grade and low grade raw on Ebay from time to time. I just slabbed a 6.0 ish copy of my own.

This cover has a good view of the "revised helmet" which I call version #2.

This armor continuously went thru revisions every couple of years or so,and I'm sure there are about 100 different varieties.

talesofsuspense58.jpg

One of the funny things I always remembered about this cover was where they announce the "new" change to the Iron Man helmet and his face is covered by the ray shooting from the ring of the Mandarin.

But in the top left corner logo box, the new helmet is already revealed (Maybe they should have used last issues logo box and saved this one until issue #55??? (shrug)

talesofsuspense54.jpg

One of the great things about Iron-Man is the constant armor upgrades. It's cool, continuity-friendly and logical. I haven't kept current with Iron-Man, but it wouldn't surprise me if revisions were no longer something they made a point to announce. They should just be assumed.

On this cover you can see the helmet in a different view (this would be armor style #1) of the original red & gold armor.

Sorry about the sloppy looking copy. :blush:

tos52.jpg

I would call this the revised helmet.

This cover has a good view of the "revised helmet" which I call version #2.

This armor continuously went thru revisions every couple of years or so,and I'm sure there are about 100 different varieties.

talesofsuspense58.jpg

And this revision #2. :sumo: