• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

**Rare Primetime Vault Opening: Timely Junk**

120 posts in this topic

Another book featuring the guy with the round..er...I mean triangular shield in this one ;)

Cap # 1 CGC 3.0

I got this copy from a dude named GAtor :insane: Blue label Cap 1s are nowhere to be found lately. This copy has colors that are the best I've seen on any Cap 1! Eye appeal is certainly 4.0. Some color touch was scraped off by Matt Nelson in a few areas along spine and along FC edge (you can see some paper loss). Clean and bright copy for the grade.

Asking $30,000

cap1cgc30-1.jpg

myCap1CGC30NEWSCANnolabelFCDEC10.jpg

myCap1CGC30NEWSCANBCDEC10.jpg

:idea:You wouldn't happen to do 3 year payment plans :facepalm:

I can remember five years ago when I could have competed in a CLINK auction for this book in a blue label 4.5 for around 15k. Kicking myself to this day for as time goes on, a book of this magnitude will only continue to head north! Beautiful copy, Ben!

yah I recall too when a 4.5 was less than 20k

Ben your killing me with the MMC#9 and the USA#8 would make for a great resto candidate. Best of luck with the sales. :wishluck:
Someone please put Peter out of his misery before he has to do it himself lol:headbang:

I'm waiting here Ben, let's see if we can't do something with that pretty Cap1, i just know you want someone to take it off your hands :)
Between you, diz, and Peter it should be quite a show :popcorn: (thumbs u

Ben, just saw this thread and I have to tell you my jaw dropped a little when I saw the coloring popping off the USA #8.

Then the Cap #1 showed up = Jaw fully dropped. I can only image the book you must be pursuing (or the Bentley you're buying!-) if you're unloading a Cap #1! Sure makes window shopping fun though ;)

Ben, just saw this thread and I have to tell you my jaw dropped a little when I saw the coloring popping off the USA #8.

Then the Cap #1 showed up = Jaw fully dropped. I can only image the book you must be pursuing (or the Bentley you're buying!-) if you're unloading a Cap #1! Sure makes window shopping fun though ;)

Thanks Forrest! And the, yes, the colors on all books are bright and accurate :cloud9:

Being a new guy it's great to hear you older pro's (non derogatory) talking about GA books and what's attainable and old prices on these truely key books. Makes me think more than ever that I'll never own one :cry:

Great sales thread though, one the best for me just because of the cap #1