• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iron Man #55 Club

168 posts in this topic

I will not suck it. I stand by my assessment. :sumo:

Got my grader's notes for my 8.0 HOM 229. It appears that three people including me missed the tear on the BC :tonofbricks:

It got sent to me in PDF format right away though.

I will kick you in Chicago and take $5 from you to reimburse me for my cost.

xoxo

greggy

You and your grading "dream team" - :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I blame Caira first because he sold me the book. Then me for thinking it was a printer's crease. Last Joey because he couldn't press away the tear.

Woo hoo :whee:

Damn Greggy still buying books with the nut sac crease?

My copy could have used more "Iron", but did ultimately prove to be "Invincible", Hey, for $4, who's complaining? I hereby welcome myself to this club...

ironman55a_zpsc973f00d.jpg

Welcome! Love your play on words with this.... I think at this point any copy of this book is cool in my book! (thumbs u

I bought this back in the early 90's i believe hm

I've definitely had it for like 20 years and just recently got it slabbed.

im5596.jpg

I bet you paid like 20 bucks or somthing uh? hm:gossip:

God I wish every day I had been chasing the right things back in the late 80's. If even 20% of my allowance had been spent on quality instead of manufactured collectability. (shrug)

im5596.jpg

God I wish every day I had been chasing the right things back in the late 80's. If even 20% of my allowance had been spent on quality instead of manufactured collectability. (shrug)

Not quite that cheap. IIRC, it was sold as MINT to me for like double guide so I want to say I paid like $80-100 for it back then. I remember it was WELL over guide and wondering if it would ever be worth what I paid! lol

im5596.jpg

Not quite that cheap. IIRC, it was sold as MINT to me for like double guide so I want to say I paid like $80-100 for it back then. I remember it was WELL over guide and wondering if it would ever be worth what I paid! lol

I will take it off your hands for what you paid. :grin: I know you dont like the wrap on the book and its not a ped. :baiting:

im5596.jpg

Not quite that cheap. IIRC, it was sold as MINT to me for like double guide so I want to say I paid like $80-100 for it back then. I remember it was WELL over guide and wondering if it would ever be worth what I paid! lol [/quote

I will take it off your hands for what you paid. :grin: I know you dont like the wrap on the book and its not a ped. :baiting:

Deal but only if you also buy all my pre-unity Valiants for what I paid for them back then also :baiting:

im5596.jpg

Not quite that cheap. IIRC, it was sold as MINT to me for like double guide so I want to say I paid like $80-100 for it back then. I remember it was WELL over guide and wondering if it would ever be worth what I paid! lol [/quote

Deal but only if you also buy all my pre-unity Valiants for what I paid for them back then also :baiting:

Already have or had (sold alot of them as sets years ago) most of them...bought most of them for cover price. Reading those back in the day...I thought that would be the new marvel universe. :tonofbricks::tonofbricks::tonofbricks: Finding a Harbinger #1 for cover price when it was on the cover of CVM (Comic values monthly) and it was starting to heat up. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: LOVED THAT STUFF! :headbang:

im5596.jpg

Already have or had (sold alot of them as sets years ago) most of them...bought most of them for cover price. Reading those back in the day...I thought that would be the new marvel universe. :tonofbricks::tonofbricks::tonofbricks: Finding a Harbinger #1 for cover price when it was on the cover of CVM (Comic values monthly) and it was starting to heat up. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: LOVED THAT STUFF! :headbang:

Nice!

I wasnt lucky enough to get in at cover price with the Valiants. Lucky for me though, i didnt buy at the absolute peak but still paid some decent prices to get the early ones. I think i ended up buying Harbinger 1 for like $70 and solar 10 for like $50. Pretty pricey still but not as bad as some people paid! :eek:

At that time I worked part time at a comic store along with my full time job and I was the comic buying guy for them. They had 13 or so stores, I bought 2 ASM #1's from them. Ahhh the days! I also bought the Valiants for cover minus my discount for working at the store. Seems like I just handed them my pay check every other week.

I'm debating getting my copy slabbed purely for ensuring the condition remains consistent. Only around a 3.0-4.0 and it's the UK pence variant so still on the fence about it.

I wouldn't, save your money and put the book in a mylar