• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Sells Batman #1 9.2 for $850k in private transaction

92 posts in this topic

This is VERY VERY significant, 850K wow, generally in private sales Ha.com takes a 10% commission( see buy it now). I think it is a good deal for both parties. 2012 another record in the books. I feel the book is worth every penny at that condition and the Dark Knight 3 has not hit theaters yet. Strong buy in my opinion.

This is VERY VERY significant, 850K wow, generally in private sales Ha.com takes a 10% commission( see buy it now). I think it is a good deal for both parties. 2012 another record in the books. I feel the book is worth every penny at that condition and the Dark Knight 3 has not hit theaters yet. Strong buy in my opinion.

Please put a sock in it.

Anybody know the history of the book?

Mitch should be able to relate it's entire life story, from the moment it came off the printing press to this very day.

Anybody know the history of the book?

Mitch should be able to relate it's entire life story, from the moment it came off the printing press to this very day.

lol

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Am I alone in being suspicious of record prices being claimed for private sales?

I'm getting so cynical, I find myself wanting to see cancelled cheques, happy vendor(s) and purchaser(s) along with a copy of the day's newspaper.

Then I check for Photoshop shenanigans lol

Does this "sale" get reported to GPA?

Analysis fail. You forgot to mention the Avengers movie. :baiting:

Analysis fail. You forgot to mention the Avengers movie. :baiting:

:roflmao:

Am I alone in being suspicious of record prices being claimed for private sales?

I'm getting so cynical, I find myself wanting to see cancelled cheques, happy vendor(s) and purchaser(s) along with a copy of the day's newspaper.

Then I check for Photoshop shenanigans lol

Does this "sale" get reported to GPA?

You might get to bid on the cancelled cheque in the next auction. :insane:

This is a crazy price for a not so very rare book. Compared to Tec 27, Action 1 or Supes 1, this book is more common.

The figure is impressive, but mostly considering what comics have sold for in the past.

Considering what other popular culture collectibles have sold for, and what it is (best available batman 1 comic with first appearance of joker and catwoman), the price is not especially unbelievable.

And, considering prices achieved for OTHER comics recently, which would take considerably more explanation or justification as to why it's worth that much, the price is even more understandable.

Check my eyeballs here... it looks like it might be the same copy that sold for $315k from Comiclink in 2010 as a 9.0.

Note the sliver of white showing at the spine towards the bottom, and some sort of small spot at the top edge directly above the left batwing point. The cut of the book looks the same also.

batman1a.jpg

batman1cgc9.jpg

Are they the same book?

According to Greg Holland's data, one of the 9.0's was removed and the 9.2 appeared in August 2011.

Check my eyeballs here... it looks like it might be the same copy that sold for $315k from Comiclink in 2010 as a 9.0.

Note the sliver of white showing at the spine towards the bottom, and some sort of small spot at the top edge directly above the left batwing point. The cut of the book looks the same also.

batman1a.jpg

batman1cgc9.jpg

Are they the same book?

According to Greg Holland's data, one of the 9.0's was removed and the 9.2 appeared in August 2011.

Yup, it looks like the same book to me (you can see the erased S to the right of Batman's cape on each book, which pretty much seals it).