• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMC announced a second season Comic Book Men and Talking Dead

24 posts in this topic

Weird. I don't really see Talking Dead as a series.

It's a real time show that has no long term benefit to me. Almost a commercial.

I couldn't conceive of anyone who would want to watch old Daily Show episodes, for example.

I like Comic Book Men, I find humor in it. It is however a "reality show" which means it is scripted and staged, non-the-less I think it is more entertaining than American Idol or Big Brother.

I have never watched Talking Dead. I am a recently converted fan of the Walking Dead. But I have still never read a comic from that series.

KInd of hoping that they listen to the critics ( was killed on every board and review I read) . The folks from Comic Book Men will be at the Asbury Park Comic Convention this weekend in NJ. If I get there I may tell Walt that they need to focus more on the comics. Who know , next season might be bigger. I also think the success of the Avengers had something to do with this. Comics are hot right now. Going to get hotter. . I am glad it got renewed. More shows about comics the better.

Kevin Smiths Statement

“Pinch my fat , ’cause I must be dreaming! A thousand thank you’s wouldn’t cover the gratitude I’m feeling right now. And as you might imagine, everyone at SModcast Pictures is in love with everyone at AMC today! Rest assured, Walt, Bry, Mike, Ming and I are suited up and ready to hit the ice for our second season with Team AMC,” said Smith.

KInd of hoping that they listen to the critics ( was killed on every board and review I read) . The folks from Comic Book Men will be at the Asbury Park Comic Convention this weekend in NJ. If I get there I may tell Walt that they need to focus more on the comics. Who know , next season might be bigger. I also think the success of the Avengers had something to do with this. Comics are hot right now. Going to get hotter. . I am glad it got renewed. More shows about comics the better.

Seems plausible to me. Wonder if the second season will differ significantly from the first.

I like Comic Book Men, I find humor in it. It is however a "reality show" which means it is scripted and staged, non-the-less I think it is more entertaining than American Idol or Big Brother.

I have never watched Talking Dead. I am a recently converted fan of the Walking Dead. But I have still never read a comic from that series.

You should listen to Tell 'Em Steve/Dave.

Now Comic Book Men WTF is AMC thinking? I would rather see anything else in that time slot. :(

+1

I'd rather watch T.J. Hooker with Adrian Zmed. :fear:

I'm really surprised about Comic Book Men getting renewed. Admittedly, I thought the show was getting better (or maybe I was just getting numb to it), but I didn't think anyone other than extreme comic geeks would be interested.

You should listen to Tell 'Em Steve/Dave.

listening to episode #1 right now