• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rest In Peace Kerouac,my pet KakaRiki

36 posts in this topic

That sucks! Sorry man :sorry:

My family is like you, we have a LOT of pets so we're dealing with pretty much at least 1 death a year. It's SOOOOO hard no matter how many times you deal with it or what the pet is! I've freaking cried like a baby over saltwater fish i've had dying :blush:

She died tonight at a little past midnight,with her mate standing gaurd.

A really great,sweet kind and loving bird.

I will always miss her

2003~2012

Will post a few pics later...

really have to keep an eye on Dante,her mate,lived together for 8 years,so

he is a little confused and tore up.Poor fella.

Peace Jimmers :foryou:

She died tonight at a little past midnight,with her mate standing gaurd.

A really great,sweet kind and loving bird.

I will always miss her

2003~2012

Will post a few pics later...

really have to keep an eye on Dante,her mate,lived together for 8 years,so

he is a little confused and tore up.Poor fella.

My condolances.They become part of the family.

Treat the others with extra love and treats :foryou:

Sad news and sorry for your loss. From reading through the thread it sounds like you rescue a lot of animals which I find very admirable.

I'm so sorry to hear this....you may need to get the little guy another companion. We have an African Gray and she's totally a member of the family. When I put on my overalls for work...she say's " Da-Da gotta go to work"....among about a hundred other things. She's getting pretty good at Weismuller's Tarzan yell.....we just finished Tarzan the Ape-Man. GOD BLESS....

jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm so sorry to hear this....you may need to get the little guy another companion. We have an African Gray and she's totally a member of the family. When I put on my overalls for work...she say's " Da-Da gotta go to work"....among about a hundred other things. She's getting pretty good at Weismuller's Tarzan yell.....we just finished Tarzan the Ape-Man. GOD BLESS....

jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I recently did a bunch of work on a farm that raises.....whatever the 4 largest species of parrots are. They were inside most of the time, and very quiet, i didnt even figure they talked. One nice day, they put about a dozen of them in the outside cages, and i tell you the mouths on these birds had me in stitches. Hearing a chorus of "what the ' chanted by parrots is a riot.

It was mainly a horse farm, and after asking why the birds didnt get to come out more often i was told that all the clicking they were doing were actually horse commands and it was impossible to train the horses with the birds out. lol

....some say all they do is mimic, but that is so untrue. I'm sure some of it is just mimicing, but Alex speaks with context. She alwas says "Bye-Bye" when we leave. She asks for food or drink when she wants it....specific items even....like "juice", "milk", "yummy nut", "cheese please". She also knows the names of several of our turtles. For some reason, she is terrified of a broom. She also says "want to come out and watch a movie with Da-Da"....she calls me "Da-Da" :luhv: .....she also says "give me some Duck Butt now...I just want to kiss it". Highly recommended if you're looking for a very unusual companion. They will, however, bite the juice out of you....to them it's playing. They also like to chew up furniture and so far, she isn't house broken. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

love and thanks everyone.the little guy is getting a lot

of love and there was a sad burial today.at least the sun

was shining and there was a warm spring scent in the air.

again,many thanks for everything,sincerely,

Jimmers

....some say all they do is mimic, but that is so untrue. I'm sure some of it is just mimicing, but Alex speaks with context. She alwas says "Bye-Bye" when we leave. She asks for food or drink when she wants it....specific items even....like "juice", "milk", "yummy nut", "cheese please". She also knows the names of several of our turtles. For some reason, she is terrified of a broom. She also says "want to come out and watch a movie with Da-Da"....she calls me "Da-Da" :luhv: .....she also says "give me some Duck Butt now...I just want to kiss it". Highly recommended if you're looking for a very unusual companion. They will, however, bite the juice out of you....to them it's playing. They also like to chew up furniture and so far, she isn't house broken. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Our Eclectus doesn't talk as well as your girl, but she did learn a new word recently. She was practicing it quietly last night and then all of the sudden she said it loud and clear. "Boobie!" lol

We give her cereal boxes and things like that to chew on. She tears those apart and leaves the furniture alone.