• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McFarlane at his best at Heritage Auctions!

546 posts in this topic

Going through this collection and seeing the original art for the first time, I became a bigger McFarlane fan. I always really liked his art, but the clean B&W images were beautiful. The other pieces by other the artists in this collection were some prime examples of their art as well. I had a blast! Fanboy heaven!

I even got a pic of me holding the Spidey 1 cover :banana: and that's the closest I will ever be to owning it :pullhair:

You can't just kinda "misplace it" in a back room somewheres? hm

Going through this collection and seeing the original art for the first time, I became a bigger McFarlane fan. I always really liked his art, but the clean B&W images were beautiful. The other pieces by other the artists in this collection were some prime examples of their art as well. I had a blast! Fanboy heaven!

I even got a pic of me holding the Spidey 1 cover :banana: and that's the closest I will ever be to owning it :pullhair:

lol

Not me.

lol

Not me.

You know...I think I ask for my pages back that are going to be in the July Auction...

Please send them back sandwiched between McFalange pages for protection

BTW this guy shamus is a total dirt bag, I had a deal to buy all the WM covers yes all 12 of them and once the deal was done he was shopping my price to try to get a higher price. Oh then he re-negged on the deal. I was gonna try to sue his just to cause him financial pain but then i decided not to. Thats my story and im sticking to it.

BTW this guy shamus is a total dirt bag, I had a deal to buy all the WM covers yes all 12 of them and once the deal was done he was shopping my price to try to get a higher price. Oh then he re-negged on the deal. I was gonna try to sue his just to cause him financial pain but then i decided not to. Thats my story and im sticking to it.

The owner of the WM covers is a different person than the owner of these pieces.

The owner of the WM covers is a different person than the owner of these pieces.

brothers...? hm

brothers...? hm

Heh. Who knows how ownership is listed on paper. However, it's always been understood that one person owned the WM covers and these pieces. At least at the time BleekerBob had his deal.

Sorry BB got screwed. But, obviously, Steve had nothing to do with that. Congrats to you on the massive consignment, Steve!

brothers...? hm

Heh. Who knows how ownership is listed on paper. However, it's always been understood that one person owned the WM covers and these pieces. At least at the time BleekerBob had his deal.

Sorry BB got screwed. But, obviously, Steve had nothing to do with that. Congrats to you on the massive consignment, Steve!

Thanks! It wasn't all me, Ed and Todd helped with this as well.

FYI, the owner of the WM pages never owned these pieces and ownership was never changed on paper.

BTW, I have no dog in this fight, just telling the truth.

brothers...? hm

FYI, the owner of the WM pages never owned these pieces and ownership was never changed on paper.

No worries. No dog in this fight, either, other than BB being a friend.

Again, no idea who owns the WM covers now. All we know is that at the time BB had his deal, Gareb Shamus owned them. That's a matter of public record.

The pieces being sold in the upcoming auction are being touted by Heritage as the "Shamus Modern Masterworks Collection".

Must be another Shamus.

(No snark intended...as JJeanius suggests, it may be a family member.)

Preview

Some nice Lee and McFarlane so far, from the Shamus collection.

There's the Bagley Venom #1 cover which should sell for a wild number given what the ASM 363 just went for.

Interesting times.

I've been a bit out of the loop. What did the 363 sell for?

Just short of $17,000 in last week's Heritage Auction.

:o

Ya know a few of you guys are saying "Mcfarlane's Spider-man isn't Spider-man and that MJ isn't MJ.

You guys are living in the past, Mcfarlane revisioned Spider-man and his world. By the 90's Mary Jane was being drawn with 1960's clothes and hair. McFarlane updated him to a 20 something year old photographer living in NYC.

I don't see what the uproar was about it, He put those character into the present, unlike a few of you living in the past. :)

brothers...? hm

No worries. No dog in this fight, either, other than BB being a friend.

Again, no idea who owns the WM covers now. All we know is that at the time BB had his deal, Gareb Shamus owned them. That's a matter of public record.

The pieces being sold in the upcoming auction are being touted by Heritage as the "Shamus Modern Masterworks Collection".

Must be another Shamus.

(No snark intended...as JJeanius suggests, it may be a family member.)

It's Martin Shamus. For many years, he was buying pieces by the artists he loved. I am pretty sure the press release, when it comes out, will cover everything. I like BB and I like Garab, I was just stating that this collection was not Garabs.

It's all good (thumbs u

Ya know a few of you guys are saying "Mcfarlane's Spider-man isn't Spider-man and that MJ isn't MJ.

You guys are living in the past, Mcfarlane revisioned Spider-man and his world. By the 90's Mary Jane was being drawn with 1960's clothes and hair. McFarlane updated him to a 20 something year old photographer living in NYC.

I don't see what the uproar was about it, He put those character into the present, unlike a few of you living in the past. :)

I don't have a problem with updating the look of the characters. I do have a problem with changing the essence of the characters and the title, though. Peter Parker is supposed to be someone that everyone can relate to - money problems, family problems, job problems, girlfriend problems, bad guy problems, etc. Call me crazy, but I think most people here have problems relating to someone dating a famous actress/supermodel whose problems include being kidnapped by a zealous stalker while you're out doing a national publicity tour for your published book. Oh yeah, and your rivals/enemies aren't even guys from planet earth, they're alien symbiote costume craving brains. :eyeroll:

That said, the Spidey #1 cover is great and I'll be surprised if it sells for as low as $175K in this overheated market.