• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McFarlane at his best at Heritage Auctions!

546 posts in this topic

We will learn a lot about the depth of the McFarlane market. This isn't like the recent Miller wave where a dozen items might get listed, but most of them are $2k-9k items. We now have six McFarlane pieces that could each take off once the auction starts.

I expect some erratic results. A lot could depend on how the items are ordered.

I am the most effed up collector out there I think. I am tracking 10 or so items in this auction I would love to own. The effed up part is the range of artists I am interested in here: Hal Foster, Robert Crumb, Kevin Nowlan, Charles Vess, and Barry Smith. I think I need meds.

hey josh,

one would think so but you know what I bet they've got something great planned for the upcoming auctions too! It seems like they just keep finding more more more to offer even when they offer record amounts of quality stuff the next auction is even better.

there's also the possibility I suppose that the consignors wanted it this way.

Well I predict comic book wise as others have mentioned there will be trickle down for months as people upgrade to Doug's books and sell there under copies which will only be slightly less spectacular. There does continue to be amazing pieces that keep popping up but I don't think we have seen so much major comic art of the past 25 years pop up in one shot like this.

yah for the value of things inside that place, i would say the glass is resistant to all types of things. they don't mess around.

I dunno. in BW you can't see Spidey! Just his face and black costume parts.

lol For a moment there, you almost sounded like you believed that OA collectors collect for aesthetics.