• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McFarlane at his best at Heritage Auctions!

546 posts in this topic

This is shaping up to be the greatest modern era OA auction ever. They just added a very eclectic mix of OA including...

Wolverine #10 cover!

Link? I'm not seeing it anywhere.

Query: In an auction like this where there are a goodly number of high profile items that will bring significant amounts of money, does this tend to drag the prices up on other items in the same auction or does it have no bearing at all? I have a few pieces I'm considering consigning, and was thinking of "riding the wave" if such a phenomenon exits.

This is shaping up to be the greatest modern era OA auction ever. They just added a very eclectic mix of OA including...

Wolverine #10 cover!

Link? I'm not seeing it anywhere.

One of my favorite covers! :cloud9:

Would be my top priority if I was able to step out of the OA Kiddy pool. :cry:

Query: In an auction like this where there are a goodly number of high profile items that will bring significant amounts of money, does this tend to drag the prices up on other items in the same auction or does it have no bearing at all? I have a few pieces I'm considering consigning, and was thinking of "riding the wave" if such a phenomenon exits.

I think the quality of material generates more hype, which in turn increases the chance of buyers getting 'auction fever' and throwing crazy bids on everything in sight.

I think the quality of material generates more hype, which in turn increases the chance of buyers getting 'auction fever' and throwing crazy bids on everything in sight.

Oh God I hope so.

I have two secret wars pages in this auction

Soooo many good books and artwork in this upcoming auction - I'm already tracking 100 items. Although I've stopped collecting Silver Age several years ago, there's still an underlying appreciation for a 9.8 X-Men 1, 9.6 TOS 39, etc.

Congrats to Steve & the Heritage crew for finding so much eye-candy and thanks again for providing excellent, oversized scans for us to enjoy.

Heritage...you're dropping the ball on this one...Pay Per View...Internet Video Broadcast...something!! I'd love to be watching the live action on these!!

And that Iconic McFarlane image with Spider-Man crouching has been paid homage to,on other comic covers,more than a few times in it's short history.

Whoever goes after this,better hope Mark Zuckerberg isn't a McFarlane fan!

Heritage...you're dropping the ball on this one...Pay Per View...Internet Video Broadcast...something!! I'd love to be watching the live action on these!!

And that Iconic McFarlane image with Spider-Man crouching has been paid homage to,on other comic covers,more than a few times in it's short history.

Whoever goes after this,better hope Mark Zuckerberg isn't a McFarlane fan!

Um, the auctions are always broadcast live online through the Heritage site.

Scott

Thanks Scott,I didn't know. I've always known about the big Heritage auctions but never participated in one. And I've never noticed that they were being broadcast. 'ppreciate the info!

Thanks Scott,I didn't know. I've always known about the big Heritage auctions but never participated in one. And I've never noticed that they were being broadcast. 'ppreciate the info!

They are live -- and the action is typically fast and furious -- although if you have a spotty internet connection you can miss it if you blink. Fun to watch the big stuff go crazy.

The site says July 7th they are live for bidding

Am I looking in the wrong place?

The site says July 7th they are live for bidding

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Chris,

I think he was more describing what happens when it starts, since someone was asking how it works.

When I first read it, I thought it was live for a second too! :)

Malvin

The artwork showing up in this auction just keeps getting better !

zzz Another Day another McSpidey Cover up for auction at Heritage ASM 317 anyone? :o:insane:

For those keeping score that's the Cover to Spider-man 1, ASM 328, ASM 317, Marvel Tales 235, Title Splash to 319, and a nice page from 313.

Nothing to see here move along...

I honestly would've offered half of a lot of this stuff in one auction and then done another in about six months. I'm sure prices will be great but between the art and Doug's comic collection being auctioned, I don't even know if a lot of the BSD's will have the full ammo to go after everything they want all at one time. Hell they could have even advertised some of this stuff months in advance allowing people enough time to sell off lower things to get the big ticket item. The biggest winners are probably people who have lesser items in this auction. The vast amounts of people checking out the auction simply don't have the cash for the big items but perusing the big stuff they should come across pieces in their range. I myself have hardly looked at Heritage since they started charging NYS tax.

hey josh,

one would think so but you know what I bet they've got something great planned for the upcoming auctions too! It seems like they just keep finding more more more to offer even when they offer record amounts of quality stuff the next auction is even better.

there's also the possibility I suppose that the consignors wanted it this way.

The artwork showing up in this auction just keeps getting better !

zzz Another Day another McSpidey Cover up for auction at Heritage ASM 317 anyone? :o:insane:

For those keeping score that's the Cover to Spider-man 1, ASM 328, ASM 317, Marvel Tales 235, Title Splash to 319, and a nice page from 313.

Nothing to see here move along...

There's also this page from 319:

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7063&lotIdNo=55022

The inclusion of the 317 cover is a declaration of war. Best of luck to the OP on his mission...