• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long time lurker...

28 posts in this topic

It all depends. For instance, I primarily collect GA books for their beautiful covers. Therefore, 95% of my GA collection remains slabbed.

:tonofbricks:

I collect comics mostly for the cover art. All of my books are slabbed.

...first time poster... just wanted to say hi to everyone and give thanks for the ongoing education! I'm posting this in the GA thread instead of General because I plan on spending most of my time here (even though most of my collection is Copper to Modern -- that part is in the midst of shrinking).

I'm a slab-cracking completist who doesn't anticipate playing in the upper echelon, probably in the 5.0 to 8.0 range for GA.

Special shout out to Skybolt, whose enthusiasm for the finer couple things in life has sparked my latest interest!

Welcome to the boards! :applause:

It all depends. For instance, I primarily collect GA books for their beautiful covers. Therefore, 95% of my GA collection remains slabbed.

:boo:

In my defense, about 25 were originally purchased raw, including a nice one from you. :)

Bill, I'll wager you STILL haven't invested in a proper Eames chair to relax and read them in! :baiting:

:grin:

So, do a lot of collectors buy slabbed books for the grade and then crack them open?

I buy slabbed books mainly for the resto check.

When cracked, I always keep the label with the book (for full disclosure purposes) just in case I ever trade/sell.