• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A response from a CGC IT! ebay seller!

228 posts in this topic

Raw and uncertified coins

A raw or uncertified coin is defined as any coin not graded by an authorized grading company. Sellers can list these items on eBay as long as:

A numeric grade (such as MS-65, VF-25) is not included in the title of the listing. A numeric grade can only be included in the item description.

No grading company is referenced in the title or description.

No estimate of value (even if personal opinion) or reference to a price guide is

included in the title or description.

The listing includes a photo of the coin being sold. Images that are dark, out of focus, edited, or might be misleading aren't allowed. Also, stock photos aren't allowed.

Coins that are sealed in original United States Mint packaging include a photo showing the actual packaging.

:popcorn:

Raw and uncertified coins

A raw or uncertified coin is defined as any coin not graded by an authorized grading company. Sellers can list these items on eBay as long as:

A numeric grade (such as MS-65, VF-25) is not included in the title of the listing. A numeric grade can only be included in the item description.

No grading company is referenced in the title or description.

No estimate of value (even if personal opinion) or reference to a price guide is

included in the title or description.

The listing includes a photo of the coin being sold. Images that are dark, out of focus, edited, or might be misleading aren't allowed. Also, stock photos aren't allowed.

Coins that are sealed in original United States Mint packaging include a photo showing the actual packaging.

Please, someone (except Sheldon, er, ah, I mean Bob), convince me how it is inappropriate to use CGC in the title of the sale of a comic book.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/currstamps.html#certified

Its not a coin! Whats so hard about scrolling past the non graded books? I pay it no mind.

Because let's say everyone is looking for Walking Dead comics right now and if all the sellers started putting "Walking Dead" on every comic listed on eBay, the search function is completely useless.

It's spam. Why is it that people can't grasp the understanding of what that means?

First off. We are discussing comic books. Not coins, paper money nor stamps. And even if we were discussing coins, paper money or stamps, they have a different set of guidelines for each of those items. Which indicates to me that the guidelines for comic books would also be slightly different. Show me the guidelines referring to comic books specifically. One that says you can not reference Overstreet, a numeric grade, or "CGC IT!" in the title.

Secondly. Putting Walking Dead in the title of a Batman book auction, would indeed be key word spamming. But I see that totally different from referencing CGC, in regards to any comic book. TWD is specific. CGCIT is a suggestion, recommendation or embelishment sales tactic. Not a "thing" unrelated near as much as Batman and TWD. Although they are both comic books.

I think you are trying too hard to find the answer. Coin guidelines? Really.

So-Not Spam. Mentioning CGC. Why is that so hard to grasp?

Please, someone (except Sheldon, er, ah, I mean Bob), convince me how it is inappropriate to use CGC in the title of the sale of a comic book.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/currstamps.html#certified

Its not a coin! Whats so hard about scrolling past the non graded books? I pay it no mind.

lol

meh

2Xh-Bif3ckahG4X4Mg-zmA2.jpg

First off. We are discussing comic books. Not coins, paper money nor stamps. And even if we were discussing coins, paper money or stamps, they have a different set of guidelines for each of those items. Which indicates to me that the guidelines for comic books would also be slightly different. Show me the guidelines referring to comic books specifically. One that says you can not reference Overstreet, a numeric grade, or "CGC IT!" in the title.

Secondly. Putting Walking Dead in the title of a Batman book auction, would indeed be key word spamming. But I see that totally different from referencing CGC, in regards to any comic book. TWD is specific. CGCIT is a suggestion, recommendation or embelishment sales tactic. Not a "thing" unrelated near as much as Batman and TWD. Although they are both comic books.

+1

tumblr_l4yng9C3op1qbwn05o1_500.jpg

tumblr_l4yng9C3op1qbwn05o1_500.jpg

I guess the same people that are upset about the "CGCIT!" thing. Would also be upset about the use of "Not CGC" or "PGX, not CGC". Both would come up in a search result.

What if someone was selling a raw book that was previously CGC slabbed, but now cracked out, and they have the old label? Is mentioning that-spamming key words?

Just wondering out loud (so to speak).

I guess the same people that are upset about the "CGCIT!" thing. Would also be upset about the use of "Not CGC" or "PGX, not CGC". Both would come up in a search result.

What if someone was selling a raw book that was previously CGC slabbed, but now cracked out, and they have the old label? Is mentioning that-spamming key words?

I refuse to answer those questions as if you were capable of processing logic, you wouldn't have to ask them.

tumblr_m3s436eHCW1r2fwbr.jpg

People do realize there's an awful lot of real estate to add descriptive items to a listing OTHER than in the search title, right? I mean, add CGC-worthy, cracked from CGC case and still have label, not CGC'd, and anything else in the body of the description and everything is great. Add it to the title so that it comes up on searches and you're keyword spamming, and apparently I'm not the only one who reports it and has gotten listings removed because of it.

Oh boy I´m getting some forum heavy weights involved in this and even giving flowers is not cutting it :eek:

I´ll try to explain it again and will even throw some very rough stats at the end so It could even (hopefully ) sound rational.

@Dice X

t's keyword spamming. Adding words that don't have anything to do with the auction...

Sorry but I just don´t see it that way.

CGC it has something to do with a listing of a comic book. That is the reason why I don´t see it as spam.

Its a comic book listing, CGC grades comic books. The book is ungraded, one´s saying to get it graded.

If it´s from serious dealer + good grader it might actually be of interest to people who collect CGC books to get that particular one and get it graded.

Who am I to decide that a particular listing or book is not CGC worthy or should not be graded?

And who am I to decide what is of interest to people searching on Ebay?

Apparently it bothers some people while looking for only CGC graded books.

A very simple solution was given here by Doohickamabob before to avoid it.

I´m not saying that its the rationale from all sellers, but apparently, the one that responded the OP, had something like that in mind.

Is it true that its CGC worthy? It´s irrelevant for the point I am trying to make.

Is the CGC it put there for hits? Yes, but It´s irrelevant for the point I am trying to make.

Which is: It is not misusing the brand and if you look at it the way I do, its not spamming.

@ Doohickamabob

I thought I made a very rational analysis of why I think the way I do.

In fact, since I have no invested interests in either case, my answer was as unemotional and rational as it comes.

You don´t agree with my reasoning and I don´t agree with yours. :foryou::foryou::foryou:

I did not want to elaborate further because that was the end of the conversation for me but since I´m being called again:

A comic book is not an "accessory" to CGC, it's the primary product being sold.

This is incorrect.

CGC does not sell books, they sell grades (and graders notes).

Buy the book, then the grade is the moto

Which brings me to second point, the one with the juice: numerical grades grades in raw books.

At the time I searched, there were:

15.993 comics had 9.8 in its description

14.304 had CGC 9.8 in its description

156 had PGX 9.8 in its description

So roughly there were over 1500 comics that were graded 9.8 by neither CGC or PGX

Is it true that its a 9.8? No, it is not. At that moment its not a 9.8

Is the 9.8 put there for hits? Yes.

And in just 1 grade (and one of the rarest ones) , I found more books listed than all the combined CGC it examples mentioned before by the OP.

Is this more concerning? Maybe

Does this clutters a lot more listings than all CGC it combined? Yes, just the 9.8 is enough.

I am not saying people should go around in these raw 9..8 listings and report them for misuse of a brand standard.

But if what happened to the coin market on Ebay, happens also to comics, people here will have a lot more to worry about.

Here´s the link or you can "Google it"

http://news.coinupdate.com/ebay-announces-changes-to-listings-policy-for-coins-1322/

I´m tired now, I need a nap :(

It's obvious that you are an assnugget and your brain cannot process reason, so I'll let you carry on looking like the tool that you are.

Way to promote open and honest debate, Dice.

If he had said, "Well I do it because da dada dada..." I would have been ok with it but to say that a booger isn't green because I look at it a different way than you do is insulting my intelligence. He's either stupid or just being obtuse for the sake of being a troll.

I fart in his general direction. How's that for some honest debate?

@ DiceX

I was really happy to read from you.

I was like: Wow, DiceX, almost 30.000 posts is writing to me, he´s even quoting me and he thinks my post is gold!!

But then I goggled what assnugget really meant and now my feelings hurt.

I think I need some tequila shots after this emotional rollercoaster and hope that someday I grow up to be such a rational, reasonable debater as yourself.

:foryou:

But please dont fart in this general direction

Remember that if a butterfly flapping its wings in South America could affect the weather in Texas, the fart from The man from Nantucket, could cause chaos throughout the entire globe.

I gave you my reasoning behind my observations and you chose to reject it and start the insult, which is fine with me.I deff wont loose any sleep over it.

Plus, since I don´t crave for the attention, I do not troll, never have and never will.

As for being obtuse... its a back condition.

Am-I-being-obtuse.jpg

@Doohickamabob

I´m not going to repeat myself in what regards the serious points I was making, I´ve written twice about it and I think they are self explanatory.

You see it as spamming, I dont and I gave you my reasoning for it. I appreciate, the minute deconstruction of my statements you made + the flower, but my original one remains:

We´ll just have to agree to disagree :foryou:

I would be happy to abide and let this thread derail into the Friday thread tone comments, but honestly, I´m not losing more time discussing the sex of the angels and engaging in purely rhetorical exercises about the meaning of words mainly because of above mentioned tequila shots waiting .

:foryou: To all and have a great Friday

NSM-7164.jpg

I said my piece and stand by it.

CGC it is not misrepresenting a company´s name.

"-- All the words in your listing have to be accurate and refer only to the item for sale. (!!!!!)"

Is it accurate to refer that a particular comic can be sent to CGC? Yes it is.

:idea:

artworks-000001219738-vbknvx-crop.jpg

meh

LogicFAIL.jpg