• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A response from a CGC IT! ebay seller!

228 posts in this topic

How on earth is anyone going to get along with a women if you can't get this debate wrapped up?

In the olden days, I could have derailed it with a hot chick in an Iron Man bikini or a blonde with a set of 48EEE bolt-ons stuffed into a vinyl catsuit by now.

You are an internet gelding now.

I'll bring 'em back. I mean, getting kicked off for posting pictures of barely-dressed hot girls on the internet? That's like getting kicked out of McDonald's for being fat.

I'm going to have to start slow, sneak in under Arch's radar with smartly-dressed professional women with short haircuts. Then, eventually, I will slowly increase the bust size, letter-by-letter - building back up to the stike-able offense: comic-con cosplay chicks in character outfits. Preferably when I go on vacation and don't need to visit here often...

woman.jpg

I'll bring 'em back. I mean, getting kicked off for posting pictures of barely-dressed hot girls on the internet? That's like getting kicked out of McDonald's for being fat.

I'm going to have to start slow, sneak in under Arch's radar with smartly-dressed professional women with short haircuts. Then, eventually, I will slowly increase the bust size, letter-by-letter - building back up to the stike-able offense: comic-con cosplay chicks in character outfits. Preferably when I go on vacation and don't need to visit here often...

woman.jpg

lol

Of course. I quit talking with you a long time ago. I was addressing Bob.

ok.

I thought we were kosher. Apparently not. (shrug)

Apparently I AM lousy at communicating. It was an attempt at humor. :sorry:

I must say, you have really "mellowed" lately.

Please, someone (except Sheldon, er, ah, I mean Bob), convince me how it is inappropriate to use CGC in the title of the sale of a comic book.

I just don't understand it. I go on record, that, IMO, it is perfectly legit, legal, and approprate. Maybe I should retype that. Let's try again. I go on record-that-IMO-- it is perfectly legit, legal and appropriate.

I DO understand why someone would be against a slew of "key" words, put into a title. If those key words were not associated with comic books. But as I have said before (and others have also pointed out), people do slab what I would consider drek. Additionally, some sellers may not have a clue what is "worthy" to be slabbed. Just like some sellers try and sell a $30.00 book for $600.00. "Worthy" being an opinion that differs between individuals. You and I know what is "worthy". But some do not. My wife (after I die), could easily use "CGC IT!" in her ebay titles.

But I will admit that most who currently do it, just want to draw traffic to their "drek". Appropriate, although not very thoughtful. When it comes to money issues, most are not very thoughtful.

Most here would say that anyone is allowed to ask whatever they want for their book (even on this site, which is sometimes laughable). Therefore, if ebay allows sellers to reference CGC in their ads for "drek". Then they allow it, and by allowing it, condone it tacitly. Pure and simple. Now, if someone put "nude" in their titles, I could see your point. Especially if it wasn't Conan #24, or Elektra #3.

I often want to put in my ebay titles "Obama Sucks". But I am thoughtful and don't want to cause bad search results for those looking for a daddy figure.

Some may not like it, because of their search requests. But hey, no one promised you a rose garden.

Especially on the internet.

I hope this posts. As it is raining and my internet shuts down in the rain. :( Besides the fact that it took me several seconds to figure out how to spell "tacitly". I don't know if I can remember very long, and I don't want to expend the time to figure it out again. It hurts my head. :)

Please, someone (except Sheldon, er, ah, I mean Bob), convince me how it is inappropriate to use CGC in the title of the sale of a comic book.

I just don't understand it. I go on record, that, IMO, it is perfectly legit, legal, and approprate. Maybe I should retype that. Let's try again. I go on record-that-IMO-- it is perfectly legit, legal and appropriate.

I DO understand why someone would be against a slew of "key" words, put into a title. If those key words were not associated with comic books. But as I have said before (and others have also pointed out), people do slab what I would consider drek. Additionally, some sellers may not have a clue what is "worthy" to be slabbed. Just like some sellers try and sell a $30.00 book for $600.00. "Worthy" being an opinion that differs between individuals. You and I know what is "worthy". But some do not. My wife (after I die), could easily use "CGC IT!" in her ebay titles.

But I will admit that most who currently do it, just want to draw traffic to their "drek". Appropriate, although not very thoughtful. When it comes to money issues, most are not very thoughtful.

Most here would say that anyone is allowed to ask whatever they want for their book (even on this site, which is sometimes laughable). Therefore, if ebay allows sellers to reference CGC in their ads for "drek". Then they allow it, and by allowing it, condone it tacitly. Pure and simple. Now, if someone put "nude" in their titles, I could see your point. Especially if it wasn't Conan #24, or Elektra #3.

I often want to put in my ebay titles "Obama Sucks". But I am thoughtful and don't want to cause bad search results for those looking for a daddy figure.

Some may not like it, because of their search requests. But hey, no one promised you a rose garden.

Especially on the internet.

I hope this posts. As it is raining and my internet shuts down in the rain. :( Besides the fact that it took me several seconds to figure out how to spell "tacitly". I don't know if I can remember very long, and I don't want to expend the time to figure it out again. It hurts my head. :)

I agree, to me its not a big deal.

woman.jpg

lol

I like this game... my secretary plays my LP's for me...

_MG_2255copy.jpg

How on earth is anyone going to get along with a women if you can't get this debate wrapped up?

In the olden days, I could have derailed it with a hot chick in an Iron Man bikini or a blonde with a set of 48EEE bolt-ons stuffed into a vinyl catsuit by now.

:foryou: