• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prophet 21 and forward

106 posts in this topic

Wanted to bump this thread because a. it's awesome, but b. because if you recently picked up Vol. 2 you may notice that it contains 27-31 & 33.

The reason for this is, according to Brandon Graham, because "Issue #32 is the Simon Roy Solo issue that brings back his New Father Prophet and starts off a new storyline. I thought it would work better as the start of Vol3."

Source: Royal Boiler - Brandon Graham Official Blog

some

It had a miniscule print run, but not more so than the other issues around then.

#28 - 5,969

#29 - 5,991

#30 - 5,927

Yeah I don't know either...but I've had a couple up and not so vast prices and not really sold....

...but I did get some people specifically asking for that issue when I just had a set up... I dunno....

dude it's all circumstance...you see the print runs on the 2d covers TINY.....are they worth more cause of the real numbers, nope....

At the print run levels of prophet vs it's quality and popularity, anything could really do it...the way the wind blows through the carrions hair could get those that remember wind on a particular day to buy more making it scarcer.....

Unfortunately, there are A LOT of people who will NEVER pick this book up because of its affiliation with Liefeld. They see Prophet and stop reading before the article states that it is completely different than what came before.

I think the same thing happened with Glory.

Unfortunately, there are A LOT of people who will NEVER pick this book up because of its affiliation with Liefeld. They see Prophet and stop reading before the article states that it is completely different than what came before.

You're right. A lot of people say it's good.

I've got a string of about 13 issues signed by Graham sitting in my garage, and I will never open any of them and read them because of my memories of the original Prophet.

And before anyone asks why I bought them, I say to you "Because they were 10 cents".

I've got a string of about 13 issues signed by Graham sitting in my garage, and I will never open any of them and read them because of my memories of the original Prophet.

And before anyone asks why I bought them, I say to you "Because they were 10 cents".

It's a shame that people have been turned off by Liefeld's stink because Graham has really put together a fantastic series. It's completely insane and unique and has nothing to do with Liefeld's tripe.

It's a shame that people have been turned off by Liefeld's stink because Graham has really put together a fantastic series. It's completely insane and unique and has nothing to do with Liefeld's tripe.

+1

It's such a strange balance of crazy that it just plain works. I think it's partially a result of Graham's "matter-of-fact" approach to introducing all of the crazy. I love it.

People being turned off by the association to Liefeld is a bit ironic, given that Graham's interpretation of John Prophet is basically a complete "*spoon* you" to Liefeld's original story. Graham completely deconstructs Liefeld's character, giving us something entirely new while paying little to no attention to the prior work, and does everything that Liefeld never could, i.e. creative story telling, good writing, and awesome art. In the end, the only thing that is really shared is the title of the book.

Completely agree. It's a classic.

People being turned off by the association to Liefeld is a bit ironic, given that Graham's interpretation of John Prophet is basically a complete "*spoon* you" to Liefeld's original story. Graham completely deconstructs Liefeld's character, giving us something entirely new while paying little to no attention to the prior work, and does everything that Liefeld never could, i.e. creative story telling, good writing, and awesome art. In the end, the only thing that is really shared is the title of the book.

I completely agree. And I love the jacked-up re-integration of his old characters is so good. Die Hard is integral and awesome. Badrock is flat out a god. I FRICKIN hated Troll in the 90s. But he's really interesting and super odd in the new series. Simply put, you wouldn't recognize Liefeld to Grahams stuff. By far one of the best books on the market, IMO.

Pat

Friggin cover is awesome.

The Prophet crew came to Denver Comic Con last year. Beside myself, I didn't see anyone coming to talk to them. I don't think anyone knew who they were. One guy stumbled by, but it was clear that it was accidental.

Pat