• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who has had their avatar the longest (unchanged)?

73 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure it is Blowout. Chrisfuccione has had his avatar a really long time, too.

I've had peeWee for about a year I think.

Blowout switched to a blue shirt avatar though.

Since this is the case..I'm thinking that Lighthouse' Avatar wins... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Do I get anything for having never had an avatar on my old account?

Brian

I good pat on the back?

You would win...but you would have actually had to have an avatar, since that is the basis of the contest.

Nope. Sorry. tonofbricks.gif

I am amazed though, how many of us "old timers" still post here. Okay - I haven't posted in the comics forums much since I stopped buying...

But man - you, me, Araich, awe4one, FF, Delekerste, jc, supa, lighthouse, darth, pov, joanna, donut, banner...and we all generally get along kinda...

or a black bear in a coal mine? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I am amazed though, how many of us "old timers" still post here. Okay - I haven't posted in the comics forums much since I stopped buying...

But man - you, me, Araich, awe4one, FF, Delekerste, jc, supa, lighthouse, darth, pov, joanna, donut, banner...and we all generally get along kinda...

Was someone suppose to run us off? confused-smiley-013.gif

And by the way, I've haven't changed my avatar since July 17, 2003......still not the longest I suspect.....

Jim

It is?

Hedley Lamar: No, no you say that....

Gov: Say what?

HL: The meeting is adjourned...

Gov: It is?

(Sorry! When I read Hook's post, it reminded me of this.... insane.gif)

And by the way, I've haven't changed my avatar since July 17, 2003......still not the longest I suspect.....

Jim

No - but usually message board communities - from my experience, tend to be much more fluid. I mean it is rare you find a member of a message board that has the interest, etc. for much more than a year or so.

but since this is a hobby thing - maybe that is why so many have stuck around.

Jim

No - but usually message board communities - from my experience, tend to be much more fluid. I mean it is rare you find a member of a message board that has the interest, etc. for much more than a year or so.

but since this is a hobby thing - maybe that is why so many have stuck around.

Exactly...this is the only good board on the 'net to discuss vintage comics so the hardcore hobbyists are here to stay! thumbsup2.gif

Now that you mention it Dice, of course! foreheadslap.gif Many many variations on a theme. Cool.

Here's most of them.

There were a few more I can't find. 893frustrated.gif

512778-all04-06-14.jpg

512778-all04-06-14.jpg.fa684f96a5dfeb649c6741d2b0e6affd.jpg