• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who has had their avatar the longest (unchanged)?

73 posts in this topic

Off the top of my head, I'd say Blowout. After nearly a year of reading, I can't remember him ever having a different avatar apart from Shang Chi. Anyone want to claim a longer run?

Probably Flying Donut, FWIW. He's always had that Ron Jeremy pic, as far as I can remember.

I've only had one avatar (apart from when I temporarily became a blue shirt) - my boring old "Kick out the jams" album cover. But I'm a relative noob.

At the other end of the spectrum, Murph has never had an avatar. Even when he had 10,000 posts as murph0 he never had one.

Oh, FWIW, 'Donut had a price variant avatar before he used the Jeremy one.

thumbsup2.gif

I'll lay claim to the most number of avatars in a six month period until someone else steps forward. The 2001/Dave avatar came back for a run between Iggy and Paul Sr. for a while. Date to the right is the date the avatar first went into service.

allavatars.jpg

I had my Doom avatar from Summer 2002 through to the end of 2003....but then I got weird and started using different ones....

Since around Easter 2004 I have come to my senses and started using my original one again...

I had my Doom avatar from Summer 2002 through to the end of 2003....but then I got weird and started using different ones....

Since around Easter 2004 I have come to my senses and started using my original one again...

Best avatar ever! cloud9.gif

(Followed by GPCove's "Crybaby" Greamlin Avatar.....I loved that one!)

I've stayed w/ my "V" for quite awhile, occasionally switching it up to the Turtle or when I lose a sports bet w/ Greggy or Banner.

I'll lay claim to the most number of avatars in a six month period until someone else steps forward.

I can beat that.

I changed mine weekly for a long time until just a few weeks ago.

I've had this one longer than any in a long time.

I'll dig them up when I get home and post them.

gossip.gif

I'm pretty sure it is Blowout. Chrisfuccione has had his avatar a really long time, too.

I've had peeWee for about a year I think.

Blowout switched to a blue shirt avatar though.

I'm pretty sure it is Blowout. Chrisfuccione has had his avatar a really long time, too.

I've had peeWee for about a year I think.

Blowout switched to a blue shirt avatar though.

Good point - then it must be Rob or Chris then.