• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange expectations for SS sales...

14 posts in this topic

Just for a lark, I did what I used to do 10 years ago and dialed up EBay Comics and sorted by Highest price first. Always an interesting read and often times there are some rare and unusual items up in those rarified price ranges.

But something not so rare showed up on the first few pages that has me scratching my head.

Before anyone responds to tell me that a seller can ask for whatever he d%m well pleases, I agree.

BUT, some of these BIN's just defy all logic.

1. there's a HULK 181 in 7.0 SS (signed by Lee) with a $5900 BIN, which is about 8X's the GPA 12 month average for an unsigned copy.

2. There's an X-Men 1 in 6.0 SS (signed by Lee) with a $37,800 BIN (reduced from $42,000), which is about 11X's the GPA 12 month average for an unsigned copy.

3. And my absolute favorite (which knocked me on my azz) is an Action 252 in 3.5 SS (signed by Plastino) with a BIN of $40,500 (reduced from $45,000) which is a mere 100X's the latest unsigned copy just 2 months ago.

Perhaps these Signatories should be charging way more than they do now!!!

Prices like these just destroy any confidence I might otherwise have in the sellers... :eek:

Thoughts??

I haven't checked myself, but does the seller happen to be Blackstarcomics?

If so, he's got a history. Do a search to read more.

Those are all from Blackstar Comics, a known reprobate and boogereater.

"don't you know it's true......bop.....I just wanna sell my books to you...."

l.jpg

Well that was quick and sort of what i expected, but these prices aren't just over reaching, they're certifiable!!!

They have over 1000 feedback, so they've been around for awhile. Are they just another dealer who is content to sit and wait forever for books to sell?? I mean, who the heck could ever be so naive as to think Al Plastino's signature is going to increase a books value 100 fold???

And frankly even though I just stumbled across these, and shouldn't get my panties all up in a wad, I can't help but feel something personal and an insult to my intelligence...I know it's stupid... :(

I think it is fair to say that the vast majority of the SS community finds them to be not well taken, and some of the interactions they have had with Boardies on transactions have been deplorable. Avoid at all costs and mock at will.

I think it is fair to say that the vast majority of the SS community finds them to be not well taken, and some of the interactions they have had with Boardies on transactions have been deplorable. Avoid at all costs and mock at will.

Oh man, spill it NOW!!! I gotta hear those stories with the dooshnozzle that is blackstarcomics!!!

I mean, who the heck could ever be so naive as to think Al Plastino's signature is going to increase a books value 100 fold???

al-pacino-eye-a1ec1.jpg