• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Took the Kids (and some of their friends) to Avengers on Sunday....

51 posts in this topic

It was wood doweling rods and masking tape to make Wolvie claws for me.

I also remember you told me after you watched "Fame" you dressed in leg warmers and leotards for 6 full months :sick:

no pictures of the home made weapons or locator?

Well, most of them have been taken to recycling by the evil Black Queen (the Cap shield was definitely the best of them, but it got pretty bashed up) but I still managed to find Mjolnir and the SHIELD computer intact.

:applause:

Well, most of them have been taken to recycling by the evil Black Queen (the Cap shield was definitely the best of them, but it got pretty bashed up) but I still managed to find Mjolnir and the SHIELD computer intact.

That's just Classic!!!

Glad to hear that you liked it - i was wondering when we were going to get your report.

I finally took the wife to see it this afternoon and have to say that i just LOVED it. from Character and plot development to casting to Action to CGI to 3D, it was GREAT. Big Props to Joss Whedon... (thumbs u

Imax 3d was terrific, except the sound was so cranked up it was almost painful and I like my music loud (thought the wife would leave because of the Volume but she stuck it out and liked it.) Her main comment was that there was so much going on and at such a frenetic pace hat it almost made her dizzy... :acclaim:

Best Hammer Ever!

(Ant-Man said it first)

Great story, thanks for sharing!!! :applause: (thumbs u Nice to see the kids getting so excited over characters we've loved for so long. And there's sure to be sequels aplenty. :headbang:

The only thing that worries me is that Whedon may have gone to the well a bit too much in providing his "Avengers Greatest Hits" movie, including fights, character interactions, plot devices, and some classic dialogue, which is probably why he's hesitant to do the sequel.

It's a very good movie, but a few days later I started joining the dots and figured out how deeply he ravaged the Marvel vaults in providing a Greatest Hits album for the Avengers.

Actually, the movie did have some flaws but I do agree it was by far the best group superhero ever done to date. My kids weren't old enough to appreciate the dialogue.

Very cool on the Skylanders...my son loves em as well.

Oh and a tip: Large drinks interrupt the flow of the movie. :baiting:

126110.jpg

Awesome! Great story Vince - thanks for sharing!