• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#1 CGC Marvel Collection at Heritage: The PedigreeComics.Com collection

48 posts in this topic

Is Doug giving up on pedigreecomics.com?

Don't think he's giving up on Pedigree, only his collection.

If he doesn't think his own web site is a good platform for selling his own collection, why would his customers believe in it? It implies he's giving up on the site. (shrug)

He has sold some major books on his website. I figure he acknowledges more hype, not to mention a bigger audience and deeper pockets elsewhere than his usual customer base. His stigma wouldn't benefit the sale on Pedigree either.

Might be some deals with the less key issues, either during the auction, or collectors selling their books to raise funds for this auction. It will be epic for sure!

Very interesting point

:)

Well its obvious from recent sales and especially the Batman #1 that there is some wealthy "investor group" gobbling up prime books. This is going to be the biggest collection sale in history. Any guess on a ballpark value of the collection?

The Billy Wright collection fetched over $3.5 million at the NY auction alone, so Doug's Marvel collection is going to have to do very well to top it. I guess it probably has a shot, based on the expected hammer price for the early keys, but might fall short owing to the lack of Spideys.

This will be a historic auction. I wonder why Doug is selling his whole collection.... hm

probably realizing the error of his ways and going strictly DC :D

:signfunny:

It's kind of neat to see these all come to auction at the same time. On the other hand, it's kind of sad to see such a breathtaking collection split up.

Think he is trying to maximise his auction return and took the view that his own site would be deemed a conflict of interest.

:roflmao:

Did you type the "conflict of interest" part with a straight face George?

Ah just the speculation alone

1) what will the auction bring

2) how will it affect prices in the short term

3) what will the new chief registry sets look like

4) what keys will set GPA records

5) how much hand waving will the auctioneer do when the PC X-Men #1 hits the block

:insane: bring it on!! :headbang:

Think he is trying to maximise his auction return and took the view that his own site would be deemed a conflict of interest.

Did you type the "conflict of interest" part with a straight face George?

:hi:

This will be a historic auction. I wonder why Doug is selling his whole collection.... hm

I think if he just sold his Avengers #1 right now he could buy every SA DC in whatever grade he wanted....

Seems too much to absorb just for 1 auction, maybe more prudent to split up the runs ?

It's kind of neat to see these all come to auction at the same time. On the other hand, it's kind of sad to see such a breathtaking collection split up.

My thoughts exactly.

Especially, considering the runs of pedigrees amassing many of his sets.

Part of me wishes that another sole collector would buy his more coveted runs/sets, to keep them from breaking up.

All those pedigrees together, is what personally, I find so unique about his sets. It's just neat seeing them strung together. Times change though and inevitably it would happen.

No matter what, it is one helleva collection on the auction block!!

Dying to see what many of his big books will go for. I for one am curious to see what his DD #7 goes for.

lol

I heard he was changing his focus to Charltons.