• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Top Silver Age Pedigrees

214 posts in this topic

Here are some pedigree examples of the same issue (FF 77)...let me know if you see big differences. I happen to be the happy owner of the WM, PC & Curator copy and use to own the RM copy (regret selling). :cloud9:

FF77white.jpg

FF77twincities.jpg

FF77curator-1.jpg

ff77paccoast.jpg

ff77rm.jpg

Here are some pedigree examples of the same issue (FF 77)...let me know if you see big differences. I happen to be the happy owner of the WM, PC & Curator copy and use to own the RM copy (regret selling). :cloud9:

FF77white.jpg

FF77twincities.jpg

FF77curator-1.jpg

ff77paccoast.jpg

ff77rm.jpg

Hoarder! :baiting:

FF77white.jpg

FF77twincities.jpg

FF77curator-1.jpg

ff77paccoast.jpg

ff77rm.jpg

Hoarder! :baiting:

Well, it is a "psycho-man" appearance :baiting:

lol

Here is one of my few Pedigree comics.

I'm curious why some of these HG Peds also have lower grade issues as well such as this 8.0. I think there is another Green River that is in higher grade....

I also own Boston and Western Penn TOS. All of them are sweet.

TOS43CGC8OW.jpg

Here is one of my few Pedigree comics.

I'm curious why some of these HG Peds also have lower grade issues as well such as this 8.0. I think there is another Green River that is in higher grade....

I also own Boston and Western Penn TOS. All of them are sweet.

TOS43CGC8OW.jpg

Even back then, people had undercopies :gossip:

Even back then, people had undercopies :gossip:

lol

Why yes, I gather that makes sense. doh!

Is that common among Pedigree's?

There's definitely a lot of multiples out there. I know for a fact that Suscha News has many, many multiples especially BA. Same with Western Penn. the others, I don't know as well but I'm sure there's a good number of multiples floating around out there.

If I remember correctly, the guy who collected Green River had a dad who worked in or owned a store, and his comics came from the store's stock. I'm guessing that sometimes his dad had a few copies left over and brought them all home. I vaguely recall him having a brother, so maybe sometimes his brother got a book too--that part I can't remember as well.

Ten years ago, it seemed like the Northlands got a lot more respect. I don't think it's an upper echelon pedigree, but it's still very respectable.

Very solid pedigree, and deserving of being designated a pedigree. Generally very structurally solid books. But the books that I`ve seen in person just don`t pop as much as some other pedigrees and even non-pedigrees.

X-Men16.jpg

Wow- That is a nice book. It seems to me a finding nicely centered Marvels like this is a difficult proposition. I would take that book over 90% of the 9.8s you see for sell.

Here's a breakdown of Marvel keys from some of the top pedigrees. I think it shows the strength of the White Mountains. And it really makes me wonder where the rest of the Curators are hiding.

Please let me know if you can fill in any blanks.

PedigreeKeys2.jpg