• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Order Shipped" e-mail from Marine Depot...absolutely hilarious.

62 posts in this topic

Seeing how this thread has turned into discussing fish....I have question.

My kids have a beta fish that they named bubbles

I have never heard of a fish that does this.

You know how a dog shakes his butt,wags his tail and is all excited to see you after you have come home from work....

Thats what this fish does,it is the freakiest thing I have ever seen.

If I come home and he is in his fake log and I call him he will come out and open his gills and act like he is all excited to see me.

I also feed him when I first get home, he has only been doing it for the last couple of weeks and we have had him for just under a year and he has never done this before.

Fish do have personality and do definitely learn. ive had lots of fish that the second i walked in, would come out and pace the length of my 180 waiting to be fed. All depends on the fish but the Midas Blennies i talked about and my Blue Hippo Tang literally had almost as much personality as a dog :cloud9:

Seeing how this thread has turned into discussing fish....I have question.

My kids have a beta fish that they named bubbles

I have never heard of a fish that does this.

You know how a dog shakes his butt,wags his tail and is all excited to see you after you have come home from work....

Thats what this fish does,it is the freakiest thing I have ever seen.

If I come home and he is in his fake log and I call him he will come out and open his gills and act like he is all excited to see me.

I also feed him when I first get home, he has only been doing it for the last couple of weeks and we have had him for just under a year and he has never done this before.

Fish do have personality and do definitely learn. ive had lots of fish that the second i walked in, would come out and pace the length of my 180 waiting to be fed. All depends on the fish but the Midas Blennies i talked about and my Blue Hippo Tang literally had almost as much personality as a dog :cloud9:

I feel the same way about my Clowns and one of my cleaner shrimp.

Male or female? Mine was a female. How big?

Peace,

Chip

I recently got a good look at it while it was in a defensive posture, definitely a male. It's around 3 1/2'.

OOCT, here I come.

Dude! Checking out your mantis's man parts aint cool! :baiting:

How'd you like some giant checking out your package while you're chillin?!? lol

I always wanted a mantis but never got around to setting up a smaller tank dedicated to him :sorry:

What color is its back? Brown or green?

Is it a smasher or stabber?

Peace,

Chip

Smasher, dark green with reddish highlights on the tail and pinkish "clubs". It's not the most stunning example, but I love him. :cloud9:

Male or female? Mine was a female. How big?

Peace,

Chip

I recently got a good look at it while it was in a defensive posture, definitely a male. It's around 3 1/2'.

OOCT, here I come.

Dude! Checking out your mantis's man parts aint cool! :baiting:

How'd you like some giant checking out your package while you're chillin?!? lol

I always wanted a mantis but never got around to setting up a smaller tank dedicated to him :sorry:

He was willing! :sumo:

So far he has been worth the effort. The nano he's in was mainly used for growing pods. I can still do that with the current LS. He beats the mess out of hermit crabs. POW,POW,POW. I named him pow after the dude in Step Brothers. lol

In case dem ignorants are browsing this thread, here's what we're talking about :

mantis-shrimp-newbert-1145622-ga.jpg

It's actually not a shrimp, tho...it's a stomatopod.

Peace,

Chip

(thumbs u

Is it as tasty as it looks?

In case dem ignorants are browsing this thread, here's what we're talking about :

Peace,

Chip

(thumbs u

Probably tastes better than balut. :baiting:

Peace,

Chip

(thumbs u

Stick your hand in the tank and pet it! They LOVE that! :baiting:

I wish i still had the pic of my friend that decided he didnt need the feeder stick anymore and tried to feed his spearer by hand! :o

Shipping live fish is an amazing thing that's only possible in these modern times.

(Sort of like shipping Maine Lobster or fresh Pastrami from Katz's Delicatessen.)

Seriously, can I get something like that from Katz's Deli? I've always heard of it but have a weird travel phobia.

Seriously, you can... But it's expensive. Best pastrami sandwich I've ever had though. (thumbs u

http://katzsdelicatessen.com/

Haven't found a substitute on the West Coast yet...