• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Auction, May 22nd, post your adventures here!!

114 posts in this topic

Has anyone accidentally made a typo on a bid? I just did and it was a 3 where a 2 belongs, and we're talking at the Xxxx.00 location. :o I've never done this before. I hope no one bids me up incrementally! I am soooo *spoon*ed

Its generally best to not advertise these mistakes until AFTER the auction is over...just so you don't initiate a little punishment bidding.

He's one step ahead of you. He made no typo...he actually consigned that book and is hoping for punishment bidders to jump in.

Has anyone accidentally made a typo on a bid? I just did and it was a 3 where a 2 belongs, and we're talking at the Xxxx.00 location. :o I've never done this before. I hope no one bids me up incrementally! I am soooo *spoon*ed

Its generally best to not advertise these mistakes until AFTER the auction is over...just so you don't initiate a little punishment bidding.

Did not win anything :acclaim:

But considering that we don't have access to gradres notes for free anymore and that no back cover scan was available, my bids were extremely low, so no surprise here.

Although it's a pain, they have always sent me a BC scan when I've asked. Graders notes are another issue. :censored:

I was actually proud of myself! For the 1st time ever I think, I didn't put in a single bid :o

No bids from me either, I just deleted the ComicLink emails as they arrived.

I didnt even want to see what I could be missing.

I have spent up on the boards and ebay too much this month.

Also won a few things in the Comic Connect auctions including a book I have been after for years for only $3.00

I was very pleased with that. :cloud9: as it is hard to find in the UK due to its low value and lack of interest probably to everyone but me.