• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Birthday STAR WARS MAY 25, 1977

32 posts in this topic

Where were you when this franchise broke out... me I was in a long long line not even sitting with my date lol

35m0hur.jpg

H :banana: A :banana: P :banana: P :banana: Y

B :banana: I :banana: R :banana: T :banana: H :banana: D :banana: A :banana: Y

2qbw4n4.jpg2qbw4n4.jpg2qbw4n4.jpg

· ‎(•̮̮̃•̃)۶٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶Happy Birthday°º¤øº¤ø to!!ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨You.. ¸„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº¤øHappy Birthdayø¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø to!....ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨You... ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø From WEBHEAD º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º° ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

I was 7 years old and my sister had just been born earlier that month. My dad took me to see it and 35 years later it is still one of the best things ever!

That just about coincided with the time I started collecting comic books seriously.  13 years old, at school then. The film wasn't released until Christmas 1977 here in the UK, and I saw it first week of January 1978.   Quite a wait. 

I turned 11 years-old in May of 1977. My friends and I saw the commercials on TV that summer and went nuts. My parents balked at letting me see it due to the PG rating -- fortunately, my older sister broke them down and personally took my buddy Steve and I to see it. But as I remember it we didn't get there until much later in the summer...July or August maybe?

I'm pretty sure it was the only thing we talked about for the rest of the year...or at least until we discovered his older brother's stash of Playboys, which was right around that same time as well...

i was 15 at the time, and quite frankly i had never heard of it when it came out, and never went to see it in the theaters...all i remember is standing in line for the 1st Star Trek Movie. :cloud9:

I was 5, and we had to wait 2 weeks to get in a theatre to see it. My life began when the toys were released the following year.

Did you see it in '77? I was 5 too, but I don't remember whether I saw it then, or at some re-relase later on. I definitely saw it before ESB...and I was most assuredly all over the toys.

I was also 11, and saw the film at the same theater that I'm going to tonight to see MIB3.

I strongly suspect the effect upon you will be different tonight..

Tonight I'll be worried that the bag of popcorn bigger than my head will ruin my diet. No such concerns when I was 11.

I was also 11, and saw the film at the same theater that I'm going to tonight to see MIB3.

I strongly suspect the effect upon you will be different tonight..

Tonight I'll be worried that the bag of popcorn bigger than my head will ruin my diet. No such concerns when I was 11.

lol tru dat!

I was 5, and we had to wait 2 weeks to get in a theatre to see it. My life began when the toys were released the following year.

Did you see it in '77? I was 5 too, but I don't remember whether I saw it then, or at some re-relase later on. I definitely saw it before ESB...and I was most assuredly all over the toys.

My mom wanted to see it, so she carted me along (no babysitter as I was 4) and we watched it standing up in the theater because all the seats were sold out. Looking back, I thought it was neat my mom wanted to see it. Sadly, she never kept with the scifi genre as she got older.

I was a mere six years old when just my mom and I took a trip to a theater in Portland, Oregon and saw this. :cloud9:

(worship) Star Wars (worship)

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) Mom (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

Was 5 as well. Don't know exactly when I saw it but it must have been in the summer sometime as I saw it at the Drive In :cloud9:

The toys were life changing and remember getting Ben and Darth first. I immediately switched the light sabers as I thought Vader looked so much better with a blue one. Lost him at school the next day and when the Vader was finally replaced both my Ben and Vader had orange light sabers my entire life.

Jim

I was 18 .... AND HAD A CAR !! Me and some buds from high school went to see it in Redondo Beach Calif. :cloud9: