• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Spiderman - Miles Morales

10 posts in this topic

This is the only Marvel book that I read and I am really enjoying it. I'm wondering what everyone else thinks about it. Do you think Miles is here to stay? Any thoughts on the future Spidermen series? I thought title took a while to pick up steam, but I'm happy with the new Prowler story and have great expectations for Miles. I also wonder what everyone thinks about the socio-political effect of having a biracial Spiderman is? I'm very happy that young peope have a key hero to look at that looks like them. I think this was a good move by Marvel that took too long for them to make, but I'm happy they finally did what they shoud have done decades ago. It's important that we don't white wash the super hero universe and this is a giant step in the right direction.

I have enjoyed the series, thus far, immensely and I feel like Miles Morales is here to stay. He's interesting, he's fun and he's new. We knew all about old Peter Parker's pit falls, who his love interest would be and what his relationship to his "friends" were before the series even got started. With Miles Morales it's a clean slate and we are finding out about him at the same time he's finding out about himself. Definitely one of my favorite Marvel titles. (thumbs u

I am a fan of this one also. And...it doesn't feel "gimmicky" to me. He just happens to be Latino. Big deal. That's not why I read it. I read it because the story is good!

+1. Although I thought he was African american. hm(shrug)