• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will need some help from Boardies in valuation of gold/silver collection

37 posts in this topic

I don't post as much as I used to but I've been a member of these boards for over 4 years. There are a lot of knowledgeable collectors on this site and I need to elicit your help in the very near future.

A friend up North called me this afternoon and he is friends with a self-made millionaire that I have met and gone to lunch with he and his wife, and attended the same social events. My friend has known this man for years and plays Hold 'em with him regularly. In casual conversation, we have talked about funny books and I knew he had a collection from his childhood but he never went into detail about the collection. So I guess you are getting an idea where this is going.

He wants me to come and view his collection and assist him in valuation. While he realizes I am not a gold/silver collector - he has no connection to the comic world. Enter Cheryllynn... I assume he may want to let go of it as he is getting up in years (75-80 years old) and I am thrilled to be able to help him.

I guess one of the things I would like to have going in is a list of keys, and anyone willing to see this through with me. I am hopeful to see the collection next weekend (if he is able) and would probably take pictures of everything he has and go from there but I would love to have some materials going in.

Suggestions? You can post here or PM me. THANK YOU. :)