• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard Dawson (Family Feud, Hogan's Heroes) Dies at 79

32 posts in this topic

The story downplayed his part on Match Game. He was a regular and the star of that show. The Family Feud gig would have never happened had he not been the star on Match Game. Match Game jumped the shark when he left. I'm sure you can buy autographed cards of his winning answers from Match Game on eBay.

One of the most suave playboys in history and on my short list of celebs I've always wanted to meet.

Godspeed, Richard. I've been a fan of your entire career. :(

The story downplayed his part on Match Game. He was a regular and the star of that show. The Family Feud gig would have never happened had he not been the star on Match Game. Match Game jumped the shark when he left. I'm sure you can buy autographed cards of his winning answers from Match Game on eBay.

I agree. The show was great.

Go BLANK yourself. :gossip:

I loved how Richard Dawson fought for his contestants on Match Game. He truly wanted them to win and didn't toe the company line as far as judges go. The best example of this was a 1977 Match Game episode now known as the "School Riot."

Wasn't he the last surviving member of the cast of Hogan's Heroes?

He was the best host for Family Feud. Perfect choise in Running Man.

He was a collector of T-shirts. Suppost to have the largest collecton known. I don't know anyone else that collects t-shirts.

AND Match Game! I like to think him, CNR and Gene Rayburn are getting hammered in the afterlife, much like they did on the TV show.