• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CatRick's thread is CLOSED! THANKS!

124 posts in this topic

:takeit:

Rules the roost, but PM's are always welcome.

Shipping for individual books or pieces is $6 Priority to US and general mail service to Canada,

exact shipping across the Pond, probably at least in the low two figures.

Lots will be sent in Priority medium flat rate boxes to US ($11 or so if memory serves), exact shipping to Canada, and exact shipping to Europe and such, very pricey I expect.

Check or MO GREATLY preferred, but if you just gotta pay with PayPal PM me

and we'll work something out. If I have to....sigh....

Well, the title tells it all. My poor old Visioneer scanner finally died, and it was spankin' new when I bought our computer, so can it be far behind?

Selling a few books and a few vintage pieces of art this time around, time to build a war chest for a modern computer! Oh, and a flat screen monitor. Oh, and my wife's new deck furniture, lol

First up, Four Color 48, Porky Pig by Carl Barks!

Nice VG or thereabouts, with some long NCB or barely CB folds along the spine, plus a similar one from left to right across Porky's chest. That's the worst of it, bit of wear at the (single) staple, some general wear. Asking $175

TUESDAY PRICE DROP, ASKING $160

WEDNESDAY PRICE DROP, ASKING $150! SOLD!

Here's the first scan from the new scanner, whaddya think?

150 DPI, slightly compressed when I saved it to JPG

fc48.jpg

Superboy 41, from 1955.

Solid enough reader, but there's that thumbnail sized chunk outa Pa Kent's chest. That's the only major problem, the scan tells the rest of the story. Interior is nice. Oh, couple small chips out if the back cover, mebbe 1/4 in. x 1/4 in.

Overstreet G is $37, asking $25

TUESDAY PRICE DROP! ASKING $20

WEDNESDAY PRICE DROP! ASKING $15!

superboy41.jpg

Here's the original art for a nice little gag cartoon, I'm guessing mid 1960's for vintage, it came in a batch of other cartoons from the same general era. A couple production notes in the right margin, paper measures 8-1/2 x 11

$25 takes it

WEDNESDAY PRICE DROP! ASKING $20!

diamondgag.jpg

Jimmy Olsen 19, from 1957. Sharp VG + or right in thereabouts.

Bit of general wear, slight spine roll, and a couple light NCB indentations running down the lower FC, probably not visible in scan.

Asking $60

TUESDAY PRICE DROP! ASKING $50!

WEDNESDAY PRICE DROP! ASKING $40!

jimmy19.jpg

By golly, you can see a whiff of one of the indentations on Supey's chest.

There's another on his arm, and another in the street to the left.

Ripley's Believe it or Not wannabe, HOW IT BEGAN newspaper strip, copyright 1936.

Measures 9-3/4 wide x 10-1/2 tall, a bit too wide for the new scanner.

If anyone wants, I'll be glad to rescan with the other side chopped off, lol

Asking $40

WEDNESDAY PRICE DROP! ASKING $35!

notripleys.jpg

Here's a scarce one, according to Overstreet. I even believe them, this is the only copy I've ever seen.

World's Greatest Songs Illustrated 1, Atlas, September 1954 SOLD!

Your basic VG or a bit lower, with a 1/4" split upper spine, two big dogears and two small tears BC, cover edges starting to brown. Couple small chips out BC

All that being said, I'm still asking $85 SOLD!

worldsgreatest1.jpg

Here's a scarce one, according to Overstreet. I even believe them, this is the only copy I've ever seen.

World's Greatest Songs Illustrated 1, Atlas, September 1954

Your basic VG or a bit lower, with a 1/4" split upper spine, two big dogears and two small tears BC, cover edges starting to brown. Couple small chips out BC

All that being said, I'm still asking $85

worldsgreatest1.jpg

A collector friend of mine has copy of this it's a great book GLWTS

Okay, last piece for the evening, I need to work a bit more at mastering the new scanner.

Original art by Bill Power, nice gag cartoon. According to the notes on the back, from Joker, 1964. I'm showing the back too, to brag up the Timely Features stamp, and to show the gag line. Once again too wide for the scanner, but all that's chopped off on the left is a file cabinet.

The gag line reads:

"The fellows aske me to make you promise you wouldn't quit at least until after the next office party!"

I want $50 for this one, on the strength of the Timely stamp.

officepartygag..jpg

officepartyback.jpg

Thanks 3434!

I may be back with another book or two, and then again you might not see me until tomorrow afternoon. Scanfest coming up.

Cheers!

World's Greatest Songs Illustrated 1, Atlas, September 1954

All that being said, I'm still asking $85

worldsgreatest1.jpg

:takeit:

I cannot resist the oddball.

Okay, time for another book or two before I give up for the evening.

Willie 15 1948. from Marvel.

Believe it or not, the spine lines up pretty well, so I don't know WHAT'S going on over on the RH edge.

Call it a G, but the nice side of G, with an interesting printing error.

$20 takes it.

TUESDAY PRICE DROP! ASKING $15!

WEDNESDAY PRICE DROP! ASKING $12!

willie15.jpg