• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CatRick's thread is CLOSED! THANKS!

124 posts in this topic

World's Finest 96

Gotta love those 10 cent DC's.

Nice VG with some general wear, and some rubbing lower RH FC, whiff of soiling or foxing BC

O'street VG is $40, asking $25

WEDNESDAY PRICE DROP! ASKING $20!

finest96.jpg

Recap of what's left:

Page 1:

Four Color 48, Porky Pig by Carl Barks! Nice VG or thereabouts, with some long NCB or barely CB folds along the spine, plus a similar one from left to right across Porky's chest. That's the worst of it, bit of wear at the (single) staple, some general wear. Asking $175

Superboy 41, from 1955. Solid enough reader, but there's that thumbnail sized chunk outa Pa Kent's chest. That's the only major problem, the scan tells the rest of the story. Interior is nice. Oh, couple small chips out if the back cover, mebbe 1/4 in. x 1/4 in. Overstreet G is $37, asking $25

original art for a nice little gag cartoon, I'm guessing mid 1960's for vintage, it came in a batch of other cartoons from the same general era. A couple production notes in the right margin, paper measures 8-1/2 x 11 $25 takes it

Jimmy Olsen 19, from 1957. Sharp VG + or right in thereabouts. Bit of general wear, slight spine roll, and a couple light NCB indentations running down the lower FC, probably not visible in scan. Asking $60

Page 2:

HOW IT BEGAN newspaper strip, copyright 1936. Measures 9-3/4 wide x 10-1/2 tall, a bit too wide for the new scanner. If anyone wants, I'll be glad to rescan with the other side chopped off, Asking $40

Original art by Bill Power, nice gag cartoon. According to the notes on the back, from Joker, 1964. I'm showing the back too, to brag up the Timely Features stamp, and to show the gag line. Once again too wide for the scanner, but all that's chopped off on the left is a file cabinet.

The gag line reads: "The fellows aske me to make you promise you wouldn't quit at least until after the next office party!"

I want $50 for this one, on the strength of the Timely stamp.

Willie 15 1948. from Marvel. Believe it or not, the spine lines up pretty well, so I don't know WHAT'S going on over on the RH edge. Call it a G, but the nice side of G, with an interesting printing error. $20 takes it.

Page 3:

Manhunt 13, Magazine Enterprises A1 #63. 7 pages of Frazetta, along with Ogden Whitney and L B Cole, your basic G with light water stains. Overstreet G is $40, how about $30 for a decent reader?

Elf Warrior Chick, nice color sketch. No idea on artist on this one but it's pretty, and the Elf Chick is pretty spathic. (Spathic is an obscure geologist's word, meaning something with good cleavage) $25 takes it

Flash 106 Second in the SA series (Well, if you don't count the four Showcase appearances) Your basic G- reader. Solid enough, but split lower spine, small split upper spine, chip upper RH FC. The apparent chip lower RH FC is actually just folded under, didn't notice before the scan. Couple spots light water. All that being said it presents reasonably well, and the interior is solid and tight. Origin of Gorilla Grodd in this issue. O'Street G is $193, asking $150 for a decent reader.

Steve Lieber Hawkman convention sketch to tide you over for a few minutes. Hawkman Sketch #1 $20

Justice League of America 30 Part two of the second JLA/JSA crossover and a sharp copy. 1/4" split lower spine and the bumped upper corners are the worst of it, a nice flat clean copy! O'street F is $60, asking $40 for this one

Page 4:

GI Combat 76, classic gray tone cover. Upper spine split to the staple, lower spine split apx 1 inch Nice reader that displays pretty well. O'street G is $29, how about $20?

Adventure Comics 222 Nice VG or so, but that big ol' dogear across the cover. O'street VG is $68, asking $55 for this one

Steve Lieber Hawkman convention sketch. Hawkman Sketch #2 $20

GI Combat 84 Another gray tone cover, solid copy with general wear, cover edges browning up. $30

Superman 105 Big ol' chunk out of lower LH FC, still a solid reader. $25 takes it.

Mystery in Space 53, 4th overall appearance of Adam Strange, first in this title after three issues of Showcase. This one is just a reader copy, some pretty big water stains on covers. Interior is nice enough, but discoloration has migrated to paper from both staples. Maybe Aquaman owned at one time or another, O'street is $156 in G, who wants a reader for $75?

Anime cutiepoo, no idea who the character is. Image is waaaay to big for the scanner bed, so I scanned in two parts. I THINK it's oils on some sort of high grade canvas, but it could just as easily be some other kind of paint or other medium. The whites in the flames along her hip are built up pretty thickly, as are the blacks around her right eye. I'm not sure just what to make of it except that it's pretty! Canvas is 12 inch wide by 16 inch tall, image is 9-1/2 inches wide by 12-3/4 inches tall. I'm going to ask $75 for this one.

Page 5:

World's Finest 96 Gotta love those 10 cent DC's. Nice VG with some general wear, and some rubbing lower RH FC, whiff of soiling or foxing BC. O'street VG is $40, asking $25

All Star Western 100 Pretty VG copy, great Trigger Twins cover! $20 takes it

All right, that's it for the evening. More comics tomorrow, including Four Color Scrooges and Donalds!

G'nignt all

I think the Elf Warrior Chick is Barry Blair.

Oh, and I'll pull the trigger on that All Star Western #100... :D

I think the Elf Warrior Chick is Barry Blair.

Oh, and I'll pull the trigger on that All Star Western #100... :D

^^

Barry Blair, eh? I think I have a con sketch by Barry tucked away, I'll go take a look.

Nope, no Blair after all, I was thinking of a nice pencil sketch by S Barr.

So, to start out tonight, it's Ducks Ducks Ducks!

Oh, and a cow.

Four Color 408, Donald Duck and the Golden Helmet

Classic Barks, solid pretty reader, one taped tear inside FC, to the right of Donald's head.

$25 takes it home!

THURSDAY AFTERNOON MARKDOWN! ASKING $20!

fc408.jpg

Four Color 386 Uncle Scrooge #1! "Only A Poor Man"

Who's looking for a solid yet affordable copy?

Entire spine is neatly taped along the interior, corner off FC, and I'd bet a nickel that it's been pressed, at the least with a hot iron.

That being said, it's a nice looking copy, with just the corner off and the small tape pull lower LH FC to detract from the classic good looks.

Who wants a copy they can read to their kids without worrying about it?

O'street is $185 in G, take this one home for $125.

THURSDAY AFTERNOON MARKDOWN! ASKING $110!

fc386.jpg

Four Color 456 Uncle Scrooge #2! (Copy 1) "Back to the Klondike"

Beater copy, with lower spine split up to the staple, chips out lower RH FC, chips out lower RH BC, tear upper FC, plus general wear and some spine roll.

That being said it's not brittle, and the interior is solid. Should hold up to at least another generation or two of rereading.

O'street G is $90, yours for $50

THURSDAY AFTERNOON MARKDOWN! ASKING $40!

fc456first.jpg

Four Color 456, Uncle Scrooge #2! (Second copy)

This one is a bit nicer, let's say a nice solid G+, chip off the lower FC notwithstanding. Cover is starting to brown a bit around the edges, that's the worst of it.

O'street G is STILL $90, take this one away for $75

THURSDAY AFTERNOON MARKDOWN! ASKING $60!

fc456second.jpg

Four Color 495 Uncle Scrooge #3!

This is a rough reader, with general wear, couple small tears, chips out of spine, and page 1 has a tear running tight along the spine from the bottom all the way to the upper staple. Still reads like a dream though.

Asking $20

THURSDAY AFTERNOON MARKDOWN! ASKING $15!

fc495.jpg

Elsie the Cow Comics #1

All right, who like obscure titles? This one should be right in your wheelhouse.

One small chip out LH BC , some general wear, that's about it.

I find it kind of amusing that they were offering a year (12 issues) subscription for a buck in a house ad inside the FC, when the series lasted three issues, lol

$40

THURSDAY AFTERNOON MARKDOWN! ASKING $30!

1elsie.jpg

Hmm, let's see now.

What's sold so far? One obscure Atlas, one Western. Not my most successful sales thread, lol

Y'want Atlas? Y'got Atlas!

Strange Tales 18, small POBC, old tape stain inside BC, sub-type creasing FC.

Solid G, but not a lick better

$40 for this one EDIT, SEE BELOW

Thursday afternoon edit:

This book was in a mylar bag, when I put it back in after inspecting it to see if it

was Shiverbones' old copy I hooked a little nick on the back cover and put a 1 knch horizontal tear into it, upper LH BC.

Sigh... make it $35

18strange.jpg

Strange Tales 30

Your basic G. Marvel...um, that is to say, ATLAS chipping RH FC, general wear, wear at staples, touch of spine roll.

O'street G is $39, yours for $30

30strange.jpg

Strange Tales 78

Kirby! Ditko! 'Nuff Said!

Nice G+/VG-, tiny corner off lower RH FC, 3/8" split upper spine.

Take it home for $25 SOLD!

78strange.jpg

All right, people!

Prices have been reduced on many of Monday's and Tuesday's posts, take a look and see if there's a bargain you just CAN'T live without!

In the meanwhile feel free to PM with opinions about the possibly Barry Blair Elf Chick or with insultingly lowball offers, or compliments about my stylin' hat, lol