• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

alot of posts for a comic with only 1 issue to date.

Normally I would agree, but being a huge fan of Hack Slash this guys got the chops.

What will make readers like him as well is he usually writes storyarcs that have a beginning and an end. Think how many other writers doing that consistently and only a few names come up.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Yeah, it gets like that whenever something sells through it's first print around here.

yeah but there's a few sold out popular comics on here that have half the posts and more issues...just saying it seems more popular than most.

Does it rival Fatale?

I think it surpasses it. Fatale was a mini.

Revival seems to have a long term chance..cause it's freaky!

Yeah, it gets like that whenever something sells through it's first print around here.

yeah but there's a few sold out popular comics on here that have half the posts and more issues...just saying it seems more popular than most.

In posts. I seem to recall more posts about Fatale after one issue which is more your area of expertise.

At SDCC, Brubaker stated that it will be ending and wasn't meant to last long. I never saw it as a big hit like TWD as many speculators wanted it to be, but it did have some potential. I think the endless printings killed it for speculators. I'm enjoying the great read and the beautiful Phillips covers. Only difference for both these great reads is that Revival seems to have the claim of an on-going series. Looking forward to where the story goes. I'm hooked on it myself.

Edited by FIREFLY

In posts. I seem to recall more posts about Fatale after one issue which is more your area of expertise.

hah, well i doubt anyone is a Revival 'expert', i guess i can eventually be one of those too since i jumped in on issue 1.

Edited by krighton

At SDCC, Brubaker stated that it will be ending and wasn't meant to last long. I never saw it as a big hit like TWD as many speculators wanted it to be, but it did have some potential. I think the endless printings killed it for speculators. I'm enjoying the great read and the beautiful Phillips covers. Only difference for both these great reads is that Revival seems to have the claim of an on-going series. Looking forward to where the story goes. I'm hooked on it myself.
I hope it's not an ongoing. Seems like they could wrap this up pretty thoroughly in ten issues for me. I might be jumping off if it starts to drag on. I stuck with Morning Glories for five issues.

Revival IS an on-going. i asked Tim about it, and he confirmed

"Tim, i really enjoyed reading issue #1. like any good floppy, i got to the end and was like WTF? now i have to wait a month? lol well done.

A few questions if i may...

will there be an issue cap to this book? i sure hope not, i'd like to see it go at least 60 issues.

also, how many issues in this debut arc? "

Tim's response:

"Thanks!!

Mike and I have the series figured out in broad strokes, and we know the ending. But we're willing to see where the characters take us. The opening "arc" is 5 issues, though we don't intend to do "enclosed" storylines in this book. Elements from the first 5 carry over into the next issues."

midtown quality control update....i received 3 1:10, all seem to be 9.8...i also got in 10 Revival 1 regular cover, 1/10 had a top left corner ding/crease, the rest seem fine.

Edited by krighton

i've learned from the past if you get a couple bad copies it's cheaper to just eat the cost than return them....though once i did email them with 2 bad issues and they credited my account with a refund.

Let me say, it was really hard to find a non damaged copy out of the 20 or so variant versions and variants they had. All one unbagged, and many of them had a bad line running from the spine about an inch long.