• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,373 posts in this topic

got to go through the 10 copies from midtown today first three in a row solid 9.8s then the next 6 have a really bad dented top left corner...last copy looked good.. I have never had any issues with anything other than a minor touch or spot on a corner from midtown, never had to contact them about damaged books before, any ideas what they typically do if books arrive damaged?

the box they came in looked flawless/not beat up so it would have been prior to shipping

They make u send em back at your own cost and then they replace them if still in stock

That's a pretty low print run for the CBLDF.

Gonna have to put mine up on the bay tonight.

I would wait.

Why? Strike while the iron is hot. This happens every year after SDCC.

The iron is hot enough for me.

The comics screams tv show.

Really? After just one issue...?

I thought the first issue was ok, and I'll stick with it awhile to see where it goes, but...I certainly wasn't floored by it.

Personally, I think the "surprise" at the end of the issue fell a bit flat. That's something that would have been best revealed further down the line, once the story had developed a bit and we were in a position to care about the characters. There is a reason that we don't find out Bruce Willis is dead until the END of the Sixth Sense. At the end, we care about him. At the beginning, it would just be a plot gimmick.

Spoilers please!!

not much point me watching 6th sense now is there :mad:

:jokealert:

That's exactly how it was ruined for me when it 1st came out though.

The bit with the elderly woman was wild. I didn't see the twist coming when I first saw what was going on ... I think the end would actually have worked much better on screen or as a prior post indicated, after readers had more of an emotional attachment to that family. It would make for a hell of a pilot. I imagine that there is going to be a ton of big plot developments issue after issue based upon the pace of the first issue which is uncharacteristic of the writer (at least to the best of my recollection).

Just picked up my SDCC copy! Now only one I dont have is the 1:10 Variant... Went into Tates and was told someone had just bought a stack of them less then 20 minutes before I walked in the door. :(

Dang. I was headed to Tates this weekend to look for some.

Just picked up my SDCC copy! Now only one I dont have is the 1:10 Variant... Went into Tates and was told someone had just bought a stack of them less then 20 minutes before I walked in the door. :(

WTF??? Who would buy every remaining copy of something from the shelf...That's just rude

:devil:

Lotta love for this book here.

You guys should pick up the 1st Hack/Slash omnibus to read more of Tim Seeleys stuff. 2c

+1

Also.. I had a hell of a time finding Hack/Slash (image) #1 at SDCC. I think most dealers just didn't bring any but still.. Could heat up.

You guys should pick up the 1st Hack/Slash omnibus to read more of Tim Seeleys stuff. 2c

+1

Also.. I had a hell of a time finding Hack/Slash (image) #1 at SDCC. I think most dealers just didn't bring any but still.. Could heat up.

The Hack/Slash to watch is the original one-shot #1. It's the 1st appearance and has been steadily rising in price as new readers join. I believe raw copies now sell anywhere between $30 and $50 depending on the auction. If they ever make a TV show or movie it'll blow up. 2c

+1

The Hack/Slash to watch is the original one-shot #1. It's the 1st appearance and has been steadily rising in price as new readers join. I believe raw copies now sell anywhere between $30 and $50 depending on the auction. If they ever make a TV show or movie it'll blow up. 2c

I was lucky and got that as well as the #1 DDP series and a few other early issues for basically nothing a year or two back. Still missing a lot of the series between #1 and #15 or so. I think I first heard of Hack Slash when there was that issue with Diamond refusing to carry issue #17 or something, and I bought what I could find for a few bucks per issue at that time. Been a pretty steady follower since, but I've given up on the crossover minis.

+1

I was lucky and got that as well as the #1 DDP series and a few other early issues for basically nothing a year or two back. Still missing a lot of the series between #1 and #15 or so. I think I first heard of Hack Slash when there was that issue with Diamond refusing to carry issue #17 or something, and I bought what I could find for a few bucks per issue at that time. Been a pretty steady follower since, but I've given up on the crossover minis.

15-17 got in a dispute over the Re-animator rights. They are tough to find in higher grades NM for me has been very hard.

I know you didn't buy them bagel, u lying mess. Tates normally has a nice stockpile of regular issues.

So are the variant covers gone? Or the regular? I want another copy of the regular as mine is "an 8.0" as you would say.

Edit: Stop rubbing your comics all over your body and look at your phone.

Edited by roastedbagel