• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,373 posts in this topic

That's a pretty low print run for the CBLDF.

Gonna have to put mine up on the bay tonight.

I would wait.

Why? Strike while the iron is hot. This happens every year after SDCC.

i don't think the iron is that hot considering how much they're selling for...$69.99 is not 'hot', of course that all depends on how much you paid for your copy....if you didn't go to SDCC the cheapest i've seen these sell for after market direct from those who went to SDCC (not on ebay) was $60.00 each...

these are not going to be easy to come by if the comic takes off, so may as well sit on it and see what happens. I think it's safe to wait around till issue 2 comes out.

But hey, if you got yours for free or for $10 or whatever, have at it.

I paid close to what they're selling for on ebay so personally it would be stupid to sell mine now. I'll just get them SS'd and see what happens later on.

Edited by krighton

Well you describe 2 completely different scenarios. If you bought it at SDCC of course it's hot. Some books selling for anything above cover are considered hot. If you paid $10 and can sell for $70 then take your money and run.

It's a brand new book selling for $70. No matter your definition it is a hot book.

Now is it hot enough to buy today and sell tomorrow? It's not doubling in price everyday.

Next your going to tell me that WD 100 Comixology is not hot because you paid $450 for it yesterday and can only sell it for $460 today. :insane:

Next your going to tell me that WD 100 Comixology is not hot because you paid $450 for it yesterday and can only sell it for $460 today. :insane:

Well actually one sold earlier for just shy of 600. It's going crazy for that one. I want one myself but just can't afford one =/

got to go through the 10 copies from midtown today first three in a row solid 9.8s then the next 6 have a really bad dented top left corner...last copy looked good.. I have never had any issues with anything other than a minor touch or spot on a corner from midtown, never had to contact them about damaged books before, any ideas what they typically do if books arrive damaged?

the box they came in looked flawless/not beat up so it would have been prior to shipping

The comics screams tv show.

Really? After just one issue...?

I thought the first issue was ok, and I'll stick with it awhile to see where it goes, but...I certainly wasn't floored by it.

Personally, I think the "surprise" at the end of the issue fell a bit flat. That's something that would have been best revealed further down the line, once the story had developed a bit and we were in a position to care about the characters. There is a reason that we don't find out Bruce Willis is dead until the END of the Sixth Sense. At the end, we care about him. At the beginning, it would just be a plot gimmick.

Is anyone else happy that it didn't fall prey to an instant sellout and a 2nd print coming out when issue #2 is released, like almost every other Image title?

To me it means that if it gets better and better (and more people want it) there is a smaller pool of 1st issues to draw from which will drive the price of issue #1 higher and higher for those that want to complete a set.

I agree with that. Would've been more 'shocking' if we had more than like 2 pages of character development. I still really liked it and it's on my pull list.

When I thought about it as a TV show, I thought about it more like that show 'The 4400" or whatever it was called that lasted 2 seasons. Where people came back from out of the blue and no one knew why? It was interesting for about 4 episodes, then proceeded to suck.

4400 lasted 2 seasons because it was on the USA network....they have destroyed alot of 'good' shows. 6 episodes a year isn't a way to grab a fan base.

the last comic i thought screamed tv show was thief of thieves....after that i thought no place like home & peter panzerfaust would transfer well to tv in some form.

Edited by krighton

4400 lasted 2 seasons because it was on the USA network....they have destroyed alot of 'good' shows. 6 episodes a year isn't a way to grab a fan base.

(thumbs u

Totally agree. I was very interested first season and completely lost interest. I feel like only shows I watch anymore besides 30 min sitcoms are on AMC, HBO, or Showtime.

Case in Point:

The Dead Zone

:mad:

that was the one show the wife and I would sit down and watch together...very frustrating experience...same with 4400, the kids liked that one also....

Edited by krighton