• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

I never give specualtion or advice but I had no particular interest in this book for my own collection but have decided to keep a set of #1, and all issues going forward for myself. And I haven't even read an issue yet.

There is a reason, and one day it may come to light.

My advice, hold on to a set of #1s graded for yourself.

The all powerful dre spoken. hm

I'm sorry, but this sort of hero worship is sickening.

+1

what are you guys going on about?

Not Revival.

That's for sure :cry:

Has anybody gotten any answers regards the elusive FCBD image 20 printings?

I have only seen the common one. Does anyone here own the recalled version with the different cover?

there's no recalled variants...nothing from FCBD was ever recalled.

So are you saying that there has only ever been the one copy, with the one cover, and the one Indicia? What has Rich shown? How do you know this for sure?

People have said they may be the three...

Cover A (with either long or short indicia - Bleeding Cool say long)

Cover B with long indicia

Cover B with Short indicia

I never give specualtion or advice but I had no particular interest in this book for my own collection but have decided to keep a set of #1, and all issues going forward for myself. And I haven't even read an issue yet.

(shrug)

Monkey,

Dre's mystical powers act in two ways. He can touch a book and it will be 9.9

He can also use the power of his mind to downgrade your 9.8s to 9.4's by purely thinking about them.

I wouldn't go submitting any books in the next few months. You could be in for an unpleasant surprise.

Dre is a great salesman, Full stop...

Sorry! But who are you? Oh a legend according to Andy...

And why I'm at it why do so many people in here (the rivival thread and wider modern section), seem intent on bad mouthing, trolling and making things uncomfortably personal towards other board members. It simply making this place a negative place to hang out.

There is genuinely a lack of respect in this place at times and Dre is one of the board members that a lot of people respect, me included... I dont know what problem you have but this isnt really a nice way of behaving IMO :sorry:

In all honesty I just don't get all this, I left the boards a short while back and I am starting to regret coming back. rantrant

I really want to address this.

First, when I'm going through a thread and reading posts, it pains me to try and decipher what people are trying to say. I don't know if it's the bad spelling or horrific grammar. Maybe it's a comibination of both? I really want to read what you guys have to say but it just makes my head spin. You guys read comic books, right?

Second, most people respect Beachbum, but he's in this to make money. Same with Larry'sComics. I have respect for both, I'm not badmouthing either of them. But they are in business to make money.

Third, this "place" wasn't intended to make people feel good about themselves. There are going to be people with different views and opinions. Deal with it. Man up and get it out there. Don't get all whiny and say how negative this place is.

I get really tired of that set of thinking.

"Oh, people arent' agreeing with me, why are you being so negative?"

What the hell is wrong with you. You have to talk and argue and listen. That is life, that is the world. People want to think that the internet is this great salvation. Where they can find people that think exactly the way they do, love the things that they do, agree with everything that they say. Wake the heck up. The internet is not the messiah reborn. It is just as cruel, judgmental, cynical, and diabolical as the real world.

I just have this vision of board members following whatever someone says on here like blind cattle.

This is a ridiculously long tangent that makes absolutely no sense. I'm hungover as hell and spent the night sleeping on both of my hands. Now my hands feel like two big sausage patties tickling ants in a bowl of sugar.

Edited by Chi Bamm

Open discussion is great, debating comics is great. This can be done in an atmosphere of mutual respect. In my opinion, snark, condescension, and snippy make the boards a less enjoyable place to hang out. Which is why I started this thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=17&Number=5965340&Searchpage=2&Main=263301&Words=mldynes&topic=0&Search=true#Post5965340

I was hoping that it would keep this stuff out of the regular threads so we could focus on the books themselves with the drama but, alas, it continues...

:jokealert:

Dre truly gave everyone a nugget. Nothing more.

He sells comics but is not a speculator by trade. He often subs what he needs for his customers and treats them very well.

Maybe some didn't like they way it comes across but he is really trying to give some insight without fully tipping his cap.

Sad to see some of you attack what other people think of him. What do you have to gain except look like a tool to long standing and well respected board members?

(shrug)

Monkey,

Dre's mystical powers act in two ways. He can touch a book and it will be 9.9

He can also use the power of his mind to downgrade your 9.8s to 9.4's by purely thinking about them.

I wouldn't go submitting any books in the next few months. You could be in for an unpleasant surprise.

Dre is a great salesman, Full stop...

Sorry! But who are you? Oh a legend according to Andy...

And why I'm at it why do so many people in here (the rivival thread and wider modern section), seem intent on bad mouthing, trolling and making things uncomfortably personal towards other board members. It simply making this place a negative place to hang out.

There is genuinely a lack of respect in this place at times and Dre is one of the board members that a lot of people respect, me included... I dont know what problem you have but this isnt really a nice way of behaving IMO :sorry:

In all honesty I just don't get all this, I left the boards a short while back and I am starting to regret coming back. rantrant

I really want to address this.

First, when I'm going through a thread and reading posts, it pains me to try and decipher what people are trying to say. I don't know if it's the bad spelling or horrific grammar. Maybe it's a comibination of both? I really want to read what you guys have to say but it just makes my head spin. You guys read comic books, right?

Second, most people respect Beachbum, but he's in this to make money. Same with Larry'sComics. I have respect for both, I'm not badmouthing either of them. But they are in business to make money.

Third, this "place" wasn't intended to make people feel good about themselves. There are going to be people with different views and opinions. Deal with it. Man up and get it out there. Don't get all whiny and say how negative this place is.

I get really tired of that set of thinking.

"Oh, people arent' agreeing with me, why are you being so negative?"

What the hell is wrong with you. You have to talk and argue and listen. That is life, that is the world. People want to think that the internet is this great salvation. Where they can find people that think exactly the way they do, love the things that they do, agree with everything that they say. Wake the heck up. The internet is not the messiah reborn. It is just as cruel, judgmental, cynical, and diabolical as the real world.

I just have this vision of board members following whatever someone says on here like blind cattle.

This is a ridiculously long tangent that makes absolutely no sense. I'm hungover as hell and spent the night sleeping on both of my hands. Now my hands feel like two big sausage patties tickling ants in a bowl of sugar.

This post is pure 100% unadulterated WIN

Dre truly gave everyone a nugget. Nothing more.

He sells comics but is not a speculator by trade. He often subs what he needs for his customers and treats them very well.

Maybe some didn't like they way it comes across but he is really trying to give some insight without fully tipping his cap.

Sad to see some of you attack what other people think of him. What do you have to gain except look like a tool to long standing and well respected board members?

+1

I also have no problem with Dre personally. In fact, I give him credit for his business model, and for being good at what he does. He clearly makes a very nice living traveling from show to show and pimping show exclusives to board members. It also certainly doesn't hurt that he's been able to gain advance access to many of the con-exclusive books that everyone is after. As someone else mentioned, it gets a lot easier to land the best grades when you get first shot at the whole stack before the con even opens. I'm sure many of us would have similar success rates if given the opportunity to cherry-pick before the books are offered to the masses.

What I personally don't understand, though, is why so many board members seem to revere him as some sort of second-coming, and constantly suck up to him. He makes a lot of money doing what he does, and this is a business for him, and yet many board members act as if he's doing some sort of life-saving favor for them personally by taking their money.

I'm also not a big fan of the whole, "I know something, but I just can't tell you what it is" approach to sharing (or not sharing) information. If you have something to say, say it. Otherwise, what's the point of even mentioning that you have information in the first place, if not to stroke your own ego? "I know what the other covers are to Walking Dead 100, but i have been sworn to secrecy." "I may know something about Revival that has persuaded me to keep a set for myself."

OK....good for you...?