• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

This thread is crazy. If I had to guess.... the number of posts in this thread are 1/4 Revival related and 3/4 BS.

BUT we love the BS!!!!!

1/4 of the posts are about Revival

1/2 are BS

and the final 1/4 are about how 1/2 the posts aren't about Revival

:signfunny:

This is the official word from Image about the title color on #1 being red on some and orange on others.

Case closed.

Thanks for your inquiry.  This is actually a common occurence with printed products.  Due to nuances of different printers - different printing speeds allowing different saturation of color on the paper, a particular printer starting to run low on a particular color, etc. , the final product can take on slightly varied colors.  We are aware of it, but unfortunately printing doesn't provide 100% accurate replications every time.

Sincerely,

Image Comics

This is the official word from Image about the title color on #1 being red on some and orange on others.

Case closed.

Thanks for your inquiry.  This is actually a common occurence with printed products.  Due to nuances of different printers - different printing speeds allowing different saturation of color on the paper, a particular printer starting to run low on a particular color, etc. , the final product can take on slightly varied colors.  We are aware of it, but unfortunately printing doesn't provide 100% accurate replications every time.

Sincerely,

Image Comics

I can't believe anyone thought there was a variant. I'm a printer and I mentioned earlier that this was simply a quality control issue.

Different print speeds do not allow different color saturation BTW. Anyone who says this has no idea what the printing process involves. It would be more than likely one of the printers incorrectly matching the color sample or getting their Cyan/Magenta/Yellow/Black percentages wrong.

Case closed.

Sincerely,

Image Comics

I can't believe anyone thought there was a variant. I'm a printer and I mentioned earlier that this was simply a quality control issue.

Different print speeds do not allow different color saturation BTW. Anyone who says this has no idea what the printing process involves. It would be more than likely one of the printers incorrectly matching the color sample or getting their Cyan/Magenta/Yellow/Black percentages wrong.

This was my take as well but I thought a poster a while back was intimating that CGC had noted a variant on the label.

He, and they, didn't. From what I read he was just pointing out that he has one of each in CGC slabs.

Well that was my take on it anyways and I could be wrong.

+1 it was me. Sorry for any confusion I am new to this hobby as of earlier this year and had never seen anything like that before. Lesson learned! That is why I am here with all you pro's is to learn from the best and have a blast while doing it!

Case closed.

Sincerely,

Image Comics

This was my take as well but I thought a poster a while back was intimating that CGC had noted a variant on the label.

It will still sell for a premium. Its quirky and a die hard collector will eventually want it. I wouldnt sell those Reds for quite a while.

Ok, I'm back from vacation.

Anyone want to summarize the 120+ posts since I've been gone so I don't have to read them all?

It's been a blur of shipping to Canada issues and costs, a few haters, BeachBum offered his blessing on the series, and I think that brings you up to speed. Oh yeah, I sold two of those 9.9's.

Welcome back buddy. (thumbs u

Waiting on issue #3

Ryan

Edited by ItsJustRyan

People sure do go off tangents in this forum; especially in the Revival thread :headbang:

So who can sum up the series of Revival in one complete sentence without conjunctions? I hope I don't have to explain what conjunctions means doh!

Let's see what everyone develops and see the potential overlap!

G

Ok, I'm back from vacation.

Anyone want to summarize the 120+ posts since I've been gone so I don't have to read them all?

while you were gone we went from

$132 on 19 bids

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Revival-1-San-Diego-Variant-limited-to-only-500-Walking-Dead-CGC-/221109689001

to

$102 on 5 bids

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REVIVAL-1-BLACK-AND-WHITE-VARIANT-ONLY-500-MADE-/221119890263

on a raw NM of the highest tier variant. so down 22.8% in price, and 73.7% in bids. But, anything but higher forever without pause or pullback still remains blasphemy and sets off a fervor.

and there was a debate over a member claiming inside knowledge of something that will drive the book higher (which of course in comic world can pretty much only be tv/movie rumors). If such a thing did break, it would instantly jack everything to the moon, so worth seeing what comes of that.

Edited by eisley