• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Ok, so is it just me, or does anyone else find themselves needing to re-read the previous issue before the latest one to remember what you read a month ago? If not I have a horrible memory I guess. I honestly couldn't tell you what happen in issue #2 other than a few select moments.

I think reading issues once then a day later is always a good way for them to stick in your mind. I also always find if I don't want to read the comic the next day, it is not for me and the ones I can't wait to read again are.

Edited by buddymagoo

Ok, so is it just me, or does anyone else find themselves needing to re-read the previous issue before the latest one to remember what you read a month ago? If not I have a horrible memory I guess. I honestly couldn't tell you what happen in issue #2 other than a few select moments.

And even in those few moments I can't 100% say with accuracy which character was involved.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

RPtdo.gif

Well I can say there will be at least two more copies of the second printing in 9.8 once the census gets updated next Monday.

;)

Also, finding the 4 copies in 9.8 was hard for me. Could be just the area I'm in though. A lot of stores didn't order the second printing.

Believe it or not but I normally sell some graded second prints for more than the first prints when I have extra copies. A lot of stores don't order them and so in turn they generally are harder to find. The completionist collectors are always contacting me looking for reprintings in CGC 9.8

Regarding CGC 9.8's, and I know i'm going to get blasted here, but I honestly think we on this thread should let each other know if we are planning to dump a few on the market.

It would be daft if say, Krighton,Ryan and myself listed 10 on the same week, when with a little info,even via PM would make selling our slabs at a premium for all?

Just a thought,and one I will shortly be spanked soundly for no doubt. (thumbs u

Regarding CGC 9.8's, and I know i'm going to get blasted here, but I honestly think we on this thread should let each other know if we are planning to dump a few on the market.

It would be daft if say, Krighton,Ryan and myself listed 10 on the same week, when with a little info,even via PM would make selling our slabs at a premium for all?

Just a thought,and one I will shortly be spanked soundly for no doubt. (thumbs u

I actually don't mind this either, cause if 30 get dumped all in the same week its silly. Then werefighting each other for sales, and since I wouldn't do that with my regular friends, I don't think I'd wanna do that with my CGC eFriends either. :grin:

But like krighton just said, if I see a bunch of the same item I'm gonna sell, I wait anyway.

Well I can say there will be at least two more copies of the second printing in 9.8 once the census gets updated next Monday.

;)

Also, finding the 4 copies in 9.8 was hard for me. Could be just the area I'm in though. A lot of stores didn't order the second printing.

Believe it or not but I normally sell some graded second prints for more than the first prints when I have extra copies. A lot of stores don't order them and so in turn they generally are harder to find. The completionist collectors are always contacting me looking for reprintings in CGC 9.8

Thanks for this info. I bought ten copies and only 2-3 I would say could be a 9.8 candidate.

Edited by ItsJustRyan

That's a pretty interesting sentiment. If you all put up walking dead #1 9.8s, do you think it would lower the price on them? What if you all put up Fantastic Four #1 9.8s? How far up the food chain do you go, before marking to market isnt a threat to price realization?

Certainly doesnt speak well to the true "worth" of revival 9.8s. I'm not saying I disagree with selling smartly. I have several 9.8 or better Revival #1s, and 2 of the Sketch variants(more debateable what those will return at) that I am planning to sub. (sketches finally arrived yesterday, a month almost of waiting).

I too would sell them when there isnt a lot of competition. But, economically speaking, every buyer that gets burned overpaying for something, is one less future buyer once they realize it. The flipping market can (and eventually will) turn, as all markets do.

If a book's availability is artificial, so is its value, and neither is sustainable over the long term.

Edited by eisley

That's a pretty interesting sentiment. If you all put up walking dead #1 9.8s, do you think it would lower the price on them? What if you all put up Fantastic Four #1 9.8s? How far up the food chain do you go, before marking to market isnt a threat to price realization?

Certainly doesnt speak well to the true "worth" of revival 9.8s. I'm not saying I disagree with selling smartly. I have several 9.8 or better Revival #1s, and 2 of the Sketch variants(more debateable what those will return at) that I am planning to sub. (sketches finally arrived yesterday, a month almost of waiting).

I too would sell them when there isnt a lot of competition. But, economically speaking, every buyer that gets burned overpaying for something, is one less future buyer once they realize it. The flipping market can (and eventually will) turn, as all markets do.

If a book's availability is artificial, so is its value, and neither is sustainable over the long term.

Too much of anything on the market will lower prices. If multiple Fantastic Four #1s existed in 9.8, then it would achieve a much better result if a lone copy was auctioned at Heritage. If copies showed up on Heritage, Clink, ebay, Metro, etc all at the same time it would quickly deplete the buyer pool, as well as ruin the perception of scarcity.

I think this actually applies more to the high-end books than stuff like Revival. There are a lot more people with $50 to spend on slabbed comics than the 1MM+ an FF#1 CGC 9.8 would command.

To that end, I wouldn't bother trying to control the supply of Revival #1. Flippers are gonna flip and most of them arent going to want to hold off on selling to get an extra 5 bucks in a month or two.

Too much of anything on the market will lower prices. If multiple Fantastic Four #1s existed in 9.8, then it would achieve a much better result if a lone copy was auctioned at Heritage. If copies showed up on Heritage, Clink, ebay, Metro, etc all at the same time it would quickly deplete the buyer pool, as well as ruin the perception of scarcity.

I think this actually applies more to the high-end books than stuff like Revival. There are a lot more people with $50 to spend on slabbed comics than the 1MM+ an FF#1 CGC 9.8 would command.

To that end, I wouldn't bother trying to control the supply of Revival #1. Flippers are gonna flip and most of them arent going to want to hold off on selling to get an extra 5 bucks in a month or two.

Very true, but as you rightly point out, in the case of FF #1, they DONT exist. In revival's case, they exist by the boatload. With revival, it is as you say "perception of scarcity" that matters. I can still buy a revival #1 1st print for $10 from an online comicstore, thats gone straight from the diamond box to a bag and board.

Really, 1st print 9.8s have turned to a buyer's market imo. Which is why I am in no rush to spend money to slab mine. The variants, 9.9s, etc are still going strong, cause of the added "rarity". I'll slab my SKETCH variants regardless of what they come back as, because its worth it. I have at least 2 first print number ones that are worth slabbing(several on the fence), but as I said, no rush there. If it does get stronger later on, I can always slab them then. If the rumor milling here turns out to be true, then I'll definitely go for it.

Given the cost of shipping, price to CGC, need for a quality dealer (not a fan of the ones in my city), sometimes its almost Cheaper and Better for me to let someone else do the work on CGCing a book. If the Revival #1 1st printing 9.8s keep falling as they have been, I might just buy one already slabbed lol. Then just hang on to my raws to slab if it spikes. Price isnt there yet, but its getting there.

Edited by eisley

Very true, but as you rightly point out, in the case of FF #1, they DONT exist. In revival's case, they exist by the boatload. With revival, it is as you say "perception of scarcity" that matters. I can still buy a revival #1 1st print for $10 from an online comicstore, thats gone straight from the diamond box to a bag and board.

Really, 1st print 9.8s have turned to a buyer's market imo. Which is why I am in no rush to spend money to slab mine. The variants, 9.9s, etc are still going strong, cause of the added "rarity". I'll slab my SKETCH variants regardless of what they come back as, because its worth it. I have at least 2 first print number ones that are worth slabbing(several on the fence), but as I said, no rush there. If it does get stronger later on, I can always slab them then. If the rumor milling here turns out to be true, then I'll definitely go for it.

Given the cost of shipping, price to CGC, need for a quality dealer (not a fan of the ones in my city), sometimes its almost Cheaper and Better for me to let someone else do the work on CGCing a book. If the Revival #1 1st printing 9.8s keep falling as they have been, I might just buy one already slabbed lol. Then just hang on to my raws to slab if it spikes. Price isnt there yet, but its getting there.

(thumbs u

just found out im getting the shaft on #2 2nd Prints.

if anyone can hook me up with a 10ct, please let me know

I saw some online at midtown, as well as #1 third prints, but I don't know if you deal with them.

just found out im getting the shaft on #2 2nd Prints.

if anyone can hook me up with a 10ct, please let me know

I saw some online at midtown, as well as #1 third prints, but I don't know if you deal with them.

Nice, thanks for the heads up. i decided to roll the dice with them.