• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Valuable = (shrug)

I've had my one and only speculative hit ever with Revival #1 and it's variants. I'm now just commiting to a single copy of each for my collection and a digi copy to read.

I know that hardly any 2nd prints made it to the UK at all. so lower print runs of the reprints will probably demand some level of premium from the hoarders and professional speculators hereabouts.

Long-term investment? No idea. I'm buying them because I love the story.

If you are in it for the cash, I honestly wish you all the best. If the book is a long term success, everybody wins.

Do you thin that #1 3rd print and #3 are gonna still be valuable like #1 and #2?

Not sure if I should buy more issues (2-3 each new issue) :)

Best way to answer that question is to look at other comics that sell for more than revival. ToTs is further along in the value category, and has a substantial TV bsaed potential for future gain.

Check out its 2nd and third print selling prices, and decide accordingly. Personally, I would view alternate printings as a means to an end, namely moving a set, or getting slightly more for the 1st printings by including them and raising the price slightly.

Do you thin that #1 3rd print and #3 are gonna still be valuable like #1 and #2?

You can still find the 1st printing on ebay pretty easily. I would imagine the only way an additional print might be worth something is if it is a 9.8. Most collectors don't want 2nd and 3rd printed books.

! agree, beyond on the use of filling a hole in a run you are selling with something (instead of a gap), I'm not sure how much of a premium they can really command, especially long term.

Some of the people on here that buy 10-20 copies of everything swear by multiple printings, but I have never really seen ebay action to justify those huge buys on multiple printings.

I cant say i have scoured hard for them, but if someone who is more of an advocate of them wants to post ebay links, I'd be interested to see how high they can get. especially when not paired with a 1st print proper.

Here's a link for you, Revival 2nd print. I've been following several auctions to see how they close out.

Ones with bids are more revealing than overpriced buyitnow's which sometimes catch someone.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/280962733656

$5.50

And I just bought a first printing for 12 bucks on ebay so I just can't see a 2nd printing going up that much.

Now we will see if the first print is actually a 1st print. I'm always worried about that.

Here's a link for you, Revival 2nd print. I've been following several auctions to see how they close out.

Ones with bids are more revealing than overpriced buyitnow's which sometimes catch someone.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/280962733656

$5.50

Are you one of the lurkers following my two copies???

Are you one of the lurkers following my two copies???

I am not currently following any revival auctions. I was watching the 1st print mentioned here a page or two ago, and that second print in the post you quoted about.

The only other moderns i am watching are two grossly overpriced ToT 9.8s of higher issue number, want to see if/when the sellers give in and price them properly.

Best way to answer that question is to look at other comics that sell for more than revival. ToTs is further along in the value category, and has a substantial TV bsaed potential for future gain.

Check out its 2nd and third print selling prices, and decide accordingly. Personally, I would view alternate printings as a means to an end, namely moving a set, or getting slightly more for the 1st printings by including them and raising the price slightly.

This is good advice. Generally, second prints only hold value when they offer something that is not available in the first print. Usually, this happens when they sport a really cool variant cover. I'm not sold on the later printings of Revival because it is the same cover with a different color scheme. The other time that later printings hold value is when the first print was huge and the later printings were relatively small, like with Superman 75. This usually happens because the issue is significant enough to warrant a large print run but the large print run makes the book less collectable, thereby motivating people to dig deeper to find the rarities. Conversely, there are cases where the first print was really low and the subsequent prints are also low. For, instance TMNT #1. The first print is much more valuable but the second print has value as well. However, in hindsight it would have been better to pay a premium for a first print early in the cycle than to spend the same money on second prints.

I missed out on the first printing of #2 last month, so I guess I'll have to grab the second printing on Wednesday.

I can get you one for under $3 bucks, but it would have to be shipped from Canada.

it's the shipping that kills everything. if it were under three bucks, id buy 10 more. im always willing to buy these works of art for less then cover price.

I missed out on the first printing of #2 last month, so I guess I'll have to grab the second printing on Wednesday.

I can get you one for under $3 bucks, but it would have to be shipped from Canada.

it's the shipping that kills everything. if it were under three bucks, id buy 10 more. im always willing to buy these works of art for less then cover price.

It is less than cover, but I dont think/know that they have 10 left. Shipping is pretty cheap if its sent non-rush, but yah, you'd almost have to buy 10 to make it worth it.

For this book, #2 caught everyone by surprise IMO. it was difficult to pick up quantity in my area. Also IMO, going forward, quantity will not be an issue upon release

I hope so. Despite all the mind numbing arguments on here about the book,

I actually:

-own several copies of each 1st printing, and 2 of the sketch variant

-actually quite like the story

-want to see it succeed.

If the speculator side of the books sales cools off a bit, it will be nice to see which direction sales are going month to month, and have it start to anchor in and build up.

i pick up 10 of each newstand issued copy. i missed out on the variants, plus i feel that there are too many different variants to begin with. in my VERY green aspect, books with too many variants tend to have them cancel each other out and confuse potential new "buyers"

from a "speculation" aspect, The Walking Dead had NO variants, and when a newbie wants to pick up a #1 of Walking Dead, there is only the one to pick up. Simple Math as to "which one should i get?"

i pick up 10 of each newstand issued copy. i missed out on the variants, plus i feel that there are too many different variants to begin with. in my VERY green aspect, books with too many variants tend to have them cancel each other out and confuse potential new "buyers"

from a "speculation" aspect, The Walking Dead had NO variants, and when a newbie wants to pick up a #1 of Walking Dead, there is only the one to pick up. Simple Math as to "which one should i get?"

true, walking dead had a low print run, and not nearly as much exposure before hand. In the post walking dead world, I think independent comics (published by image) are far more likely to have variants.

With only a 500 print run on the sketches, versus the 18000 for 1st prints (WD was what 3-4K??), i think it will hold up well.

I think the 1:10s are a little bit over priced, but thats just my personal opinion.