• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

If Helen Mirren is going to get nekkid again - I'm in!

Jesus shes like 65 or something and still looks sensational, theres a pic somewhere brb

yeah here it is.

What a good looking lady for 65.

132276.jpg.7b1c812f61cfff0e1eee9ce060c2b81b.jpg

Great interview.

"It's a weird thing because one thing I always have done and that I think most people do in comics is start with your arc, and you go, "This is a three-issue arc or a six-issue arc or whatever."

To me, the more I've worked with that the more I feel like it can give people jumping off points. And I always felt that in the great mystery shows – and Mike was a big "Lost" fan which influenced this – there is no point at which all the mysteries just wrap up. There's always something building in the story. There are always new things developing.

We didn't want this to be something that broke up because these people's lives are so completely wrapped up in this situation. At any point, they're unable to take a rest and go, "At least that's over." Every character has to constantly deal with these things."

Another good bit:

Yeah. It's getting less hard to launch a new book because there's such a hunger for something new now. When I started doing Image books eight or nine years ago, it was really hard to launch something new.

But I think people are kind of getting sick of the status quo. They're not being served by the things they used to read as much anymore. We started "Revival" and realized there was an audience going, "Give us something NEW that we haven't seen before!" That's amazing in comics. It hasn't been that way in a long time.

And I think that will continue so long as we keep getting books like "Saga" and "Fatale" – the kind of books that no one has ever seen. There's just a huge audience waiting to eat that stuff up. It's given me all kinds of newfound faith in everything that that audience exists.

I have 25+ copies of Revival #1

10+ each of #2, #3 and #4 but up until a couple of hours ago hadn't even read one sentence.

So rather than sully my pristine copies, I downloaded 1-5.

DAMNNN!!!!!! That is some good shish kebab!

The potential for more twists than a Swiss Alpine pass.

CANNOT WAIT TO READ #5 TONIGHT!!

Best thing since Saga.